PDA

View Full Version : The Gibbos hit Orlando Part 1

bluebirds
07-06-2005, 18:55
Friday 20th May 2005.
All arrive at Gatwick rather travel weary after long delays on the M4 and M25. Checked in with Virgin using twilight check in.We were travelling out with Michele(London Girl)and family. As we both have children with special needs Michele had arranged pre booked seats. We got the seats we wanted bulk head and in the first part of economy near the front. We also confirmed that everything was exactly the same for the trip home and was told it was. (I will get to that at the end of report). Went back to hotel to put very excited children to bed.

Saturday 21st May 2005
Now the excitement with the boys had got to fever pitch. We had an hours delay and we were off. Apart from a little turbulance everything went well. The boys had enought to keep them entertained and before we knew it we were there. We had been dreading immigration but there were no queues and we went through the first part ok. Collected the cases for the first time. Unfortunately the Gibbos had to go through the first check point and we got seperated from Michele. It would take a while and alot of looking to find them.We eventually made it through and got our cases again. After a bit of a mix up we all met up. I had arranged a limo to transfer us all to the hotel as surprise for Michele.(40th birthday gift)So looking not abit like film stars we arrived at the hotel. By now the boys were hanging and promptly fell asleep. Pete and myself had decided we would stay up as long as possible.

Sunday 22nd May
Woke up at 5.30am and could not go back to sleep. The boys had woken up at 2.30pm ready to go, but were put back to bed. We decided to go to Epcot. After a huge breakfast we were off. As Kieran has Aspergers he is entitled to Special assistance pass. We used it as a fast pass and never really had to queue at all. The boys wanted to do test track first, and we did. It was great apart from it kept stopping. After that we all went on Mission Space. What an awesome ride. It was amazing and we all came out feeling really exhilarated. Outside Kieran and Adam got the surprise of their lives, infront of them were 'The Incredibles'. They ran over as fast as little jet lagged legs would take them. Luckily we were the last family to have autographs and pictures. Now it was time for Soarin. We used the assistance pass and it was not long before we were on the ride. All of us were awestruck by how realistic the ride was. Not only is it very visual but also the smells that came with it made it seem real. We vowed to go again before we went home. After a sit down at 'Honey i shrunk the audience' we decided to call it a day and head back for a swim and to meet up with Michele, Steve and Ryan. We would try and fit World Showcase in another day. After getting lost comming out of Disney we eventually made it back to the hotel.Armed with Liesa's swim vest we all hit the pool. Time for a quick meal at Ponderosa, a beer at the bar and collapse into bed. Tomorrow was Universal and are sense of direction we could end up anywhere!!![msncool]

Madabouttigger
07-06-2005, 20:44
Ohhh thanks for the trip report, it feels like ages since we've had one so thanks again and please don't be too long before you post the next bit - can't wait!

Diane.
[msnsmile2]

DisneyDreamer
07-06-2005, 21:20
It's great to have a new trip report to read.....looking forward to your next instalment :)

LiesaAnna
07-06-2005, 21:29
sounding good very good!! and thanks for getting my name in there[msnembarrased]
dont keep us waiting for to long pleeeeeeeeeease![msnwink]

Aiminghigh
07-06-2005, 21:32
Great so far!

E. Cosgrove
07-06-2005, 21:35
Great start, sounds like we are in for a good trip report, sorry Soarin wasn't open when we visited in March, maybe we will make Epcot on our next trip in Sept!.

CarolAnn
07-06-2005, 21:39
Great report Bluebirds!! I do love a trip report:)
It was a shame you missed Soarin Liz, but hey there is always next time[msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
07-06-2005, 23:11
What a great start to your holiday. Must go and try soarin when we are over in the summer. Looking forward to the next instalment.[msnsmile2]

walden64
08-06-2005, 00:47
Great report looking forward to the next installment

Michelle

Sally D
08-06-2005, 10:56
Looking forward to your next one[msnsmile].

Sounds like you had a great time.

eagleydo
08-06-2005, 14:28
Great to have a new report, such an age since the last one. I have still got 6months to go and am becoming a little frustrated, missing Florida fix too much.

Curly Wurly
08-06-2005, 15:06
Sounds good so far.......dont keep us waiting too long!!

KevinT
08-06-2005, 15:23
Great start Pippa. Looking forward to the next instalment. Were you all too tired to wait for the nightime fireworks and laser display at Epcot or had you seen it before? It's absolutely stunning. (Maybe you went back later in the holiday to see it, I'll have to wait and see!!)[msnwink]

sundowner
09-06-2005, 13:20
Great trip report, look forward to more.

Can you believe it, all the times we've been to florida and daughter doesn't go on any of the big/fast rides. She went to Alton Towers at the week-end and went on everything. Now she can't wait for our next trip to try all the rides she has missed out on.