PDA

View Full Version : Manchester to Sanford in Sept

joy22
06-06-2005, 19:36
My Travel have free child place in Sept on Fly Drives.
Have just booked for 24/9 2 adults and 1 child for a total of £589.

E. Cosgrove
06-06-2005, 20:43
Does that include car hire as well, sounds like a great deal[msnsmile2]

joy22
06-06-2005, 21:12
Includes car hire all you pay is insurance this is slightly more expensive but it is not compulsary to take car.
I will use flight and get my own car hire.

lgordon6041
06-06-2005, 21:25
That is a very good deal indeed. Ideal for families with children. No surprise that they load up the cost of the insurance, I suppose they need to re-coup some money somehow!

domster
10-06-2005, 01:15
That is a great deal. Have used the service loads and is good value for money. And Sanford much quicker through imigration.

Jules
10-06-2005, 02:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
That is a great deal. Have used the service loads and is good value for money. And Sanford much quicker through imigration.
[/quote]

Hi Dom,

Don't bank on Sanford being much quicker than Orlando, it took us 2 hours 40 mins to get through immigration 3 weeks ago. 2 hours 35 mins queueing, 5 mins having finger and eye scans!! :(

We were the 3rd plane from the UK to land in 20 minutes, the immigration hall was so full they were holding people at the top of the escalators until there was space for them in the main hall.

At least we didn't have to wait for our bags they were all lined up at the side of the carousel by the time we got there.:)

ShirleyCottam
11-06-2005, 21:54
hi Julie, was that flight on the 7th may, i was on that flight as well.....we were going over to spend out first week in our brand new villa...i was so excited it seemed ages to wait in the queue as i was dying to see my new place!

domster
22-06-2005, 12:47
All the times I have been there we have been through in 30 mins from landing. Although booking flights this week I have noticed that 3 planes from the UK arrive within 30 mins of each other. If any of them is delayed by a few minutes this is where the hold up will be.

luckylady
23-06-2005, 00:46
Well you are in for a shock Dom
Not so quick anymore the last two times into Sandford were a nightmare
We liked Sanford for the very reason you said
We will try Tampa next time
Barbara

cmale35
24-06-2005, 21:29
we flew into sanford on the 4th june and was through immigration and picked our bags up within an hour [msnsmile2]also dollar was clear to pick the car up so it was just paper to go through and drive away

Jules
28-06-2005, 02:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyCottam
hi Julie, was that flight on the 7th may, i was on that flight as well.....we were going over to spend out first week in our brand new villa...i was so excited it seemed ages to wait in the queue as i was dying to see my new place!
[/quote]

Sorry Shirley I've only just seen your post. No the flight we were on was on May 12th, we were seated near the back of the plane so we were at the very back of a very long queue. It would have killed me if it had been our first trip to our villa as I have been known to be a little impatient [:I]

domster
28-06-2005, 20:18
A point I forgot to mention earlier was that every time I ask for a seat as near to the front of the plane as possible. If you use the bridge to get off they normally disembark from the front, so can give you a slight advantage.

Don't know of any charter company that flies into Tampa!

Badger
09-07-2005, 23:40
Have to say that we flew into Sanford on 2nd June and it took well over two hours to clear immigration and even after that the luggage was not on the carousel. Took another hour. This is the first time we have flown into Sanford for years and it will be the last. We will stick with Tampa.

finishrich
06-08-2005, 03:53
I've always found Standford to be quick to clear immigration. I guess it just depend on how many flight land around that time. On our trip Sept last year we were staying at Disney and were in the hotel pool (with the cases already unpacked in our room) within 2 hours of the plane landing! I coudn't believe how quick it was

eastcoastbranch
09-08-2005, 23:12
We flew into Sanford in May and were held up for ages as well.I would say just as long as getting through Orlando International but it`s still worth the wait just to go to Florida. Joy22 try using this site for your car hire, the prices are really good.
Hannah