PDA

View Full Version : LUAU?? is that how its spelt?

monkeys
02-04-2003, 02:55
thinking about going to the polynesian luau, which would you guys reccomend disney or sea world??

florida4sun
02-04-2003, 18:41
We did Disneys last friday and it was very good. If you time it right you can watch the MK fireworks from the beah too.

esprit
02-04-2003, 18:55
Have not done this. More info if you can, Martin, price, what you get for your money etc. Thanks.

orlandobabe
06-04-2003, 22:56
I have done the Seaworld one-and thought it was ok-maybe I'm just hard to please I don't know. I've heard Disney's is better.

If I had to choose-I would pick Sleuths murder Mystery Dinner Show-unless Martin can convince us that Disney's is better.

Michelle
12-04-2003, 04:27
Hi Orlandobabe, it costs approx $22 per person, the servers come around to the table with great big long skewers with BBQ'd Steak, King Shrimp, Pork, Chicken and you can have as much as you want.
(They actually BBQ in the Restaraunt) Also placed on the table a sort of large party Susan with a wide variety of bufett food, plus salad. It is also geared for children as they have games for them. We always make at least one trip there with friends when we are in Florida. The best time to book a table is around 8.30pm because by the time you have eaten it is time for the Disney/Epcot fire works, the restaurant has windows three quarters of the way round, they switch the lights of and pipe in the music from the theme park, and the atmosphere is great. I think it is a place to put down on list to do. But you do have to phone to book a table.

florida4sun
12-04-2003, 06:56
I think we might be getting confused with another show. The Disney version is outdoors but under a roof. The food is served on fixed trays on the table. Basic slad but with very tasty dressing. Some sort of bread. Then you get ribs, chicken, pork and shrimp. All BBq'd and acceptable. The desert is a volcanoe shaped thing sort of a moose. Again acceptable. Free beer, wine and soda. Beer is bud and wine was a fair chardonay. They are nit that forthcoming with the dirnks so I asked tofr them two at a time (if beer is included I want my monies worth). How would I rate the food, ok for a family scoff up. Propably the best dinner show food we have had over (although all the others are just about edible).
The show was good, starts of slowly and then gathers momentum towards the end. They work very hard to give you a good show. I would recommened it but not just for the food.
Time it right, see the show, then watch the fireworks. Have a owner around the hotel and a cocktail in the bar. TIP - when ordering cocktails, pick up the list and ask the waiter if his cocktails are good as you ahve not found a decent cocktail waiter yet. You'll get a good one!

quote:Originally posted by Michelle

Hi Orlandobabe, it costs approx $22 per person, the servers come around to the table with great big long skewers with BBQ'd Steak, King Shrimp, Pork, Chicken and you can have as much as you want.
(They actually BBQ in the Restaraunt) Also placed on the table a sort of large party Susan with a wide variety of bufett food, plus salad. It is also geared for children as they have games for them. We always make at least one trip there with friends when we are in Florida. The best time to book a table is around 8.30pm because by the time you have eaten it is time for the Disney/Epcot fire works, the restaurant has windows three quarters of the way round, they switch the lights of and pipe in the music from the theme park, and the atmosphere is great. I think it is a place to put down on list to do. But you do have to phone to book a table.

Michelle
12-04-2003, 14:13
Martin I was refereing to the original post by Monkeys posted 01/04/03,regarding the Polynisian Laua Supper.