PDA

View Full Version : 5 Days for Price of 2 at Universal

Perry_Mason
02-04-2003, 01:46
just saw this

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/tickets_and_vacations.html

is it worth buying or is 5 days too much

going for two weeks in September

AndrewP
02-04-2003, 02:03
It's also buy 4 tickets and get 1 free if you pay by Mastercard!

foghorn
12-05-2003, 22:59
You don't have to go for all 5 days, 4 maybe enough, bit concerned it is for CONSECUTIVE days.
We am going in October, do the tickets last till then? what is the time limit?
But overall, it is fabulous value, considering the 3 day ticket is about £80.00...

Andy & Arlene
13-05-2003, 01:54
I had a look at the site and I couldn't see anything about when they expire. We too are going in October, so if it lasts till then, it will be a good buy for us.

AndrewP
19-05-2003, 14:57
As far as I know there is no expiry.

I am going in November and have bought them. I'll have to check the (tiny) tickets they sent for expiry. I'm sure there is no date of expiry!

steph_goodrum
19-05-2003, 15:06
If you go the AAA office you can buy an annual pass for 2 parks IOA and Universal for $108 plus tax if you are a member of the AA or the AAA.

steph_goodrum
19-05-2003, 16:34
Incdentally as well as the 5 days for the price of 2 (£72) you can also buy a 3 day pass (£79 ) which gives you an extra 11 days free, tickets must be bought by 30th June and are valid till 31st Dec 2003.

foghorn
21-05-2003, 11:45
Hello,

Those 3 day Tickets, pus 11 days free, are they available on the Universal site??

Also, conditions for buying the 5 for 2 day states that you MUST bring along a photo???
Don't understand that!

Andrew, did you pay the $17 delivery for all tickets?, and is anything said in the bumf about this Photo Lark??[?]

Cheers...

AndrewP
03-06-2003, 16:59
Hi, I paid £250 inc of shipping for 5 tickets each valid for 5 consecutive days, it did not mention a photo and the tickets do not seem to have an expiry date(they are tiny too).

I think it seems a good deal although I doubt we will actually go ther fore 5 days on the bounce.

acg12
07-06-2003, 17:03
quote:Originally posted by AndrewP

Hi, I paid £250 inc of shipping for 5 tickets each valid for 5 consecutive days, it did not mention a photo and the tickets do not seem to have an expiry date(they are tiny too).

I think it seems a good deal although I doubt we will actually go ther fore 5 days on the bounce.

I to have been looking at this deal from Universal - it looks like a very good deal especially as it also gives you access to the 'city walk' area in the evenings.

There is however some small print about producing photo id on arrival to pick up your tickets (if you have opted to collect @ Universal rather than get them shipped to your home).

Bob
09-06-2003, 21:01
Hi,

We have just returned from florida and used the 5 day pass for universal. We purchased it on-line and opted to pick them up at the site.

Once you have taken your credit card used to make the original booking, this is used at one of four ticket dispensers which prints your pass.

You then show your pass at the gate (supposedly with photo ID, we took passports with us for myself and the wife, kids were on her passport).

We were asked to sign a clipboard but not asked for any ID.

Once you use the pass you have five consecutive days, you can park hop or get hand stamped and re-enter. Beware that even in summer the parks only stay open to 7pm, 8pm on sundays unlike disney which open to around 10pm.

Bob

florida
10-06-2003, 01:44
The price shown for Universal Tickets does that incl the tax or is it added at the end after you have provided your card details.

florida
10-06-2003, 01:50
Don't worry I have read the info and it tells me it does not include tax.

Chris7
10-06-2003, 02:06
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say where, but you can get the same deal online in this country (no additional sales tax) and have the tickets deliverd here from Keith Prowse

hyte1
13-11-2003, 17:14
Boy am I gald I spotted this thread before buying our Universal tickets! 5 days for $89 is a bargain compared to the £85 or so for a 2 day pass (although you get a day free)

Thanks for the info!

chrisj
05-02-2004, 01:30
quote:Originally posted by Perry_Mason

just saw this

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/tickets_and_vacations.html

is it worth buying or is 5 days too much

going for two weeks in September

This deal is still valid for this year

Amirah
05-02-2004, 18:49
I thought it is was 5 days from the fromthe first use when you buy the 2 day ticket where you can use it for 5 days.

MrEktion
11-02-2004, 21:39
We have bought these for collection on site. As pointed out above if you use a mastercard you get 5 for the price of 4 which was good for us as we needed 5[msnsmile2]

Worked out at $72.00 each for the five of us including Sales Tax so around less than £40 at current exchange rates.

Pretty good deal if you just want tickets for Universal, City Walk and IOA without Seaworld, Wet & wild etc.

Mr Ektion