PDA

View Full Version : visa

derek gibson
03-06-2005, 16:40
hi does anyone know how long it takes for a decision on a visa to take as i went to the American embassy back in march but still no reply they told me about 60 day but that has passed ,when i went i was told it had to be sent elsewhere for a decision as i was arrested 20 years ago but i still have not heard anything back as now i face a decision whether or to book our honeymoon as we get married in October [msnsad]

blott
03-06-2005, 18:52
It's a it like asking the length of a piece of string! We had someone else on the forum whose papers were sent to the US who had an answer within about 3 - 4 weeks.

My best advice would be to contact the Embassy again and make sure that they a) haven't forgotten you or b) lost your paperwork and c) jog their memories that you're still waiting and need to book your honeymoon!

derek gibson
04-06-2005, 15:49
hi blott,i contacted the embassy again and at 1.30 a minute gave me a email address ,i emailed them with all the info and the reply i got was that it can take up to 16 weeks,and they can't do anything until then ,the 16 week are up in 23 July we get married on 1st Oct also i told the i had my mail stolen ,i had my credit cards and mail taken and asked if the could confirm if it had been sent out or not but all i got back was i would have to wait until the 16 weeks were up ,isn't there any other way to find out

E. Cosgrove
04-06-2005, 22:30
Del, if they were sending you a visa it would have to be signed for so unless your mail was stolen by the postman[msnoo]it probably hasn't arrived yet, they wouldn't leave it at your address without a signature.

steph_goodrum
04-06-2005, 23:24
Derek

Did you have to leave your passport at the Embassy, if not then your visa will definitely not have been sent as it is physically printed in the passport on a page.

derek gibson
05-06-2005, 17:04
hi no i left just the court report etc but not my passport ,they stamped my passport ,visa applied or something like that the other problem just to make things worse is i am in the middle of moving house and might have moved by the end of the 16 weeks waiting if it is 16 weeks sinking fast

E. Cosgrove
05-06-2005, 22:52
Make sure you fill in the form at the PO to get your mail forwarded Del

derek gibson
07-06-2005, 20:50
sorry about the delay in replys as got probs with this bt broardband hope its sorted now ,,,as from today i have redirected my mail hopefully it will be sent to my partner's house where i move in next wednesday ,just heard the dates of the move today, all i need is lady luck to smile on me now[lucky]

derek gibson
12-06-2005, 21:52
hi received the letter saturday to say they are now ready to grant me a visa and i have to send off my passport to get it ,dont know how long its for but at least i can go and get on with all the plans etc, thanks to you all for your help [msnsmile2][clap]:D

blott
12-06-2005, 22:03
That's great news Del, I'm so pleased for you! :) Now you can get on with all that planning and have a great honeymoon in Florida. :)

E. Cosgrove
12-06-2005, 23:18
Great news Del, hope the wedding goes well and the honeymoon even better[msnwink]

Michelle
13-06-2005, 03:45
That is great News Del, shouldnt take to long if they have granted you a visa. When we left our passports a coupleof years ago we got themback within 10 days.

derek gibson
15-06-2005, 11:26
thankyou for the replys and well wishes full steam ahead booked the flights etc florida hear we come[msnsmile2]