PDA

View Full Version : Rides for heavy people?

jxlvr
31-03-2003, 08:40
My hubby is a heafty guy and I was wondering if there is a site to get info on comfort for him. thanks

tinkerbell
31-03-2003, 13:46
Hi Tracy, not aware of any site as such, although I am sure there ar plenty!!!! I can say though, that I have seen larger people on most of the rollercoaster being placed in certain seats due to larger capacity safety harnessess. So, the larger people are accommodated for, but I don't know too much detail about it! Hope this is of some use anyway!

athurstance
31-03-2003, 14:40
Happily, you will find there are very few things you can't do even if you are on the heavy side.

orlandobabe
02-04-2003, 01:51
I do remember outside Duelling Dragons roller coaster at IOA there being two seats-a normal and one with extra room in it where you could try before you queued up and got disappointed if the wide seat was too small for you.

That's the only place I remember seeing that-and think it would be a good idea if other rides that had a width restriction adopted that.

tinkerbell
02-04-2003, 14:31
Thats right, they have these seats also before the HULK, Dr Doom's fear fall and all over Busch garden I have seen the same. Only coaster I can't recall seeing the seats out front of is Rock n' Roller Coaster at MGM, but I could be wrong!!!

Carla
02-04-2003, 14:40
I sit on those seats for a few minutes and then I don't have to do the rides!! Magic (for a chicken like me).:D:D

Biggus
08-04-2003, 20:42
JXLVR,
I am 6'4" and 20+ stone in weight with 52" chest, I had no probs riding ANY of the rides; I have to use the 'big peoples seats' generally in rows 4&5 or 5&6 but you still get the effect of the rides.....Got to sit at the front of Gwazi Lion (as all the seats are the same) which was wicked. I have no issues with sitting in the big seats and welcome the chance to ride these rides without any problems, in fact on many occasions I was one of the smaller riders making use of these seats!!
Hope your hubby has as much fun as I did in the last couple of weeks!!

:D:D