PDA

View Full Version : DIscovery cove discounts?

jxlvr
30-03-2003, 02:03
Does anyone know of any Coupons or discounts for this place? Its 229.00 and I want to go with my kids to swim with the dolphins but its a good chunk of money. Thanks

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-03-2003, 02:06
As far as I know they do not do discounts as they get well booked out at the full rate.

Cowboy
30-03-2003, 02:33
Tracy,
Sorry ,but you will not even get a discount if go to Discovery Cove on the off chance that they have had a cancellation.

Mike

florida4sun
30-03-2003, 08:58
There are no discounts for Discover Cove. as a Ticket wholesaler even we do not get discounts:(

quote:Originally posted by jxlvr

Does anyone know of any Coupons or discounts for this place? Its 229.00 and I want to go with my kids to swim with the dolphins but its a good chunk of money. Thanks

SunLover
05-04-2003, 09:38
Even though there are no discounts at Discovery Cove, you do get a "free" 7 day pass to visit Seaworld. Having swum with the dolphins twice now, I would say grit your teeth and pay the money. It's a wonderful experience.

phaedra
05-04-2003, 17:16
Hi :D

Do the Seaworld tickets have to be used straight away?, I'm thinking of forcing myself to buy DC tickets but we already have AP's for Seaworld which are valid for the rest of the year but the 7 day passes would be handy for next year.

blott
05-04-2003, 18:04
I've just checked their website Phaedra and the 'free' tickets are valid either before or after your Discovery Cove visit for 7 consecutive days and can't be used later on.

phaedra
06-04-2003, 03:26
Thanks Blott :D

Just got an email back from them as follows,

"Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. The SeaWorld passes are valid as early
as 7 days prior to your reservation date and are valid until 7 days after your
reservation.

If you are a silver, gold, or platinum annual pass card holder you
would be able to receive a $30 discount for each person that has the annual
pass.

Sincerely,
Discovery Cove"

So it's looking tempting :)

The only problem is that none of us swim[:0]my daughter can swim about 1 length but that's about it.

Any one know if the jackets they provide will keep you afloat??, we're not afraid of going in the water, we just can't swim :D

Ann
06-04-2003, 03:37
They dont keep you afloat
when we went it is just wet suits not sure if the do floats
you are out of your depth in the water so you have to be able to stay up for quite a while there are some small rocks that you can get relief on for a few minutes but that is all
i would email them back and ask if i were you before i booked

steph_goodrum
06-04-2003, 04:29
They have 2 kinds of floats, one of which is the wet suit type and also proper floating life vests, more rigid but if you are not confident in the water they are much better. I decided to opt for one of those to start as I wasn't sure how many "rest places" there would be on the way round but then changed for the flexible one.

florida4sun
06-04-2003, 20:19
I believe for the dolphin swim you hav eto be bale to swim, unless of course you have special needs assistance.

quote:Originally posted by phaedra

Thanks Blott :D

Just got an email back from them as follows,

"Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. The SeaWorld passes are valid as early
as 7 days prior to your reservation date and are valid until 7 days after your
reservation.

If you are a silver, gold, or platinum annual pass card holder you
would be able to receive a $30 discount for each person that has the annual
pass.

Sincerely,
Discovery Cove"

So it's looking tempting :)

The only problem is that none of us swim[:0]my daughter can swim about 1 length but that's about it.

Any one know if the jackets they provide will keep you afloat??, we're not afraid of going in the water, we just can't swim :D

SunLover
07-04-2003, 06:58
Phaedra

I seem to remember reading something on a past visit to DC saying that you had to be able to swim before you could take part in a dolphin interraction, and although you can get life vests or strap on floats for the other areas in the park, I think because they are so protective of the dolphins that they may not allow you to swim with something that potentially could come loose and turn into a chew toy for the dolphins !!! They even make you remove your watches, jewelry and earrings prior to swimming, so they are pretty strict, for safety reasons.

You could always send them your question direct at the DC web site ?

Chris [8D]

Kissyme
19-04-2003, 18:44
on a slightly different note just tried to book 5 places at DC for end oct 2003 with Vigin and they had sold out for that day infact could not accomodate us until 14th nov (will be back in blighty by then) Booked direct with DC with out a prob. It also says that you can only use swimming aids that are approved by the United States Coast Guard