PDA

View Full Version : Doral Woods

blossom
30-05-2005, 03:20
Has anyone out there got any knowledge of Doral Woods? It looks very nice but I am a little worried that it is too isolated.

chrizzy100
30-05-2005, 04:27
I'd not heard of it.....but I've just looked at a few of the villas and they look lovely......lots of land.....great looking homes from the pictures...

blott
30-05-2005, 05:25
Doral Woods isn't that far away from Crescent Lakes (where our home is) and it's a lovely community with, as Chrizzy says, more land than you'll normally find around vacation homes.

Almost 'next door' you have Horse World Riding Stables and on the opposite side of the road, Reedy Creek Nature Reserve which is open to the public at weekends. There are local stores, supermarkets and restaurants around 7 or 8 minutes away and Disney is around 20 minutes away.

blossom
30-05-2005, 14:51
thanks for the replies,the villas do look beautiful don't they? Looking on the map it just seems a bit off the beaten track-didn't want to be too lonely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blossom
Has anyone out there got any knowledge of Doral Woods? It looks very nice but I am a little worried that it is too isolated.
[/quote]

huckleberry house
30-05-2005, 15:25
I really wouldnt worry about the location. The map can be very deceptive in terms of drive time to the parks, same as here really that the closest place on a map isnt necessarily on the quickest roads and the route used can have a bigger bearing on drive time than distance.

Doral woods is very beautiful, I love it for the same reasons as Thousand Oaks in that the builders left a lot of the natural surroundings in place when building so it is much greener with plenty of trees etc rather than just rows of villas. The plots are larger too so can be more private.An extra couple of minutes drive time in a day to a theme park spanning thousand of acres is neither here nor there and the surroundings you are in on your rest days more than compensate.

Lesley

blossom
30-05-2005, 16:04
thanks to you all for the info.have been to Florida several times before so we're pretty 'parked out' anyway.Last year we stayed at a villa which backed onto highway 27-couldn't sleep for the noise!!So this year we thought we'd try somewhere quieter, and we hope to spend a lot of the time at the villa just relaxing(no kids in tow!!)
I just felt a bit nervous that Doral woods would be in the middle of nowhere and then I'd be scared!!!!

blott
30-05-2005, 16:54
Many thousands of people every year spend their vacation in the communities located on South Poinciana Boulevard and a large proportion of them choose to return there so I don't think they would be doing that if it was in the middle of nowhere or there was anything scary about the area!

It's up to you to make up your mind of course but Doral Woods shares its nearby huge wildlife conservation area and better spaced homes concept with Crescent Lakes. Doral Woods is a lovely community so I'm sure anyone would have a great vacation there.

If you've already got a home in mind at Doral Woods, then why not contact the owner so that you can ask them any particular info that you want about the area?

blossom
30-05-2005, 18:34
thanks blott, I think you've convinced me! Iwill e mail the owner of the property as you advised, I'm sure the will give me any info I want
kate

chrizzy100
30-05-2005, 19:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blossom
thanks blott, I think you've convinced me! Iwill e mail the owner of the property as you advised, I'm sure the will give me any info I want
kate
[/quote]

I think the place looks beauiful......and I never even knew it was there....

I'm sure you'll have a great time......[msnsmile2]

blossom
30-05-2005, 20:45
thanks chrizzy-I'm sure I will

blott
30-05-2005, 21:44
Good luck with your home owner Blossom and have a great time in DW if you decide to rent there.

blossom
31-05-2005, 00:59
thanks blott[clap]