PDA

View Full Version : Work Permits/Visa

kevinob
29-05-2005, 23:30
Hi.My wife and I are in the early stages of considering a permanent move to Orlando.However, reading through the visa regulations it looks a bit daunting, and now doubtful to say the least.
I am a Warehouse Manager, NEBOSH qualified in safety and with 20 yrs warehouse experience.Is it considered to be of sufficient standard to firstly gain employment in Orlando ( I've started looking at this) and then look to gain permanent residency?
My reading material doesn't make it likely that we would get anything other than 6 months at a time.
Does anyone have experience of this and comments on our realistic chances?
Thanks for any advice.

flyrr100
30-05-2005, 01:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kevinob

I am a Warehouse Manager, NEBOSH qualified in safety and with 20 yrs warehouse experience.Is it considered to be of sufficient standard to firstly gain employment in Orlando ( I've started looking at this) and then look to gain permanent residency?
[/quote]

In a word no. Read the archives of this site to find some great information on moving to the USA.
Bottom line is.... it's not easy.

kevinob
30-05-2005, 03:20
Been reading up again this evening for any hidden opportunities to gain the visa, but as you say, it doesn't look likely.
Thanks anyway.[msnsad]

esprit
30-05-2005, 07:56
If you buy a business in your wifes name, and get E2 visa, you could go as am E2 dependant and when you get your work permit ( EAD) you could look for a job as a warehouse manager, not the sort of thing where there is a shortage where you would get labor certification though, so no change of green card and your work permit would be dependant on your wifes business continuing to trade. This isnt an easy one.

kevinob
30-05-2005, 20:32
My other option could be to get an Irish passport. Currently I have a British one, but being born in London of Irish parents it may be another way? Reading the forums this seems possible.

esprit
31-05-2005, 05:28
It only helps to the extent you could enter the green card lottery if you have an Irish parent, but winning this is like getting three numbers up on the UK lottery. It is birth not citizenship which is relevant.