PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to Florida while the war is going on

orlandobabe
29-03-2003, 15:51
Just spoke to my guests last night who flew out from Scotland via Gatwick on Wednesday.

They were absolutely fine and had no qualms about going. They are having a wonderful time-weather is great. In fact I forgot to mention how full the parks are. I think they are too busy enjoying themselves to notice.

Ruth
31-03-2003, 07:29
We flew from Edinburgh on Friday/Saturday via Gatwick to Tampa with no problems at all. The extra security was reassuring & it is great to be back "home"[8D]

caroline
31-03-2003, 13:50
See you soon Ruth:D[8D]:D

SunLover
11-04-2003, 18:07
Sad though it is that added security has had to be introduced, because of recent events, personally, I am more than happy to spend a few more minutes getting seached, scanned etc, and knowing that everyone is probably safer flying right now than they have been for many years.

Chris [8D]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-04-2003, 18:14
We flew Manchester - Chicago - Orlando last week with no problems at all. The extra security reassuring - good to see the security at US airports has finally caught up with the rest of the world :).

Biggus
11-04-2003, 18:35
We flew Heathrow - Miami & Miami to Orlando then Orlando to Boston & Boston to Heathrow with AA and the security was very tight along all stretches, particularly the internal flights which we had bags opened on two occasions and extra checks on the hand luggage including swab checks for explosives etc. Very impressed that things are finally up to scratch, didn't mind spending extra few minutes of my life in order that it is prolonged!!

SunLover
13-04-2003, 08:55
Worth remembering that most cases are opened and searched now, so if you do have any, shall we say "personal" items, you don't want anyone else to see, don't take them !!!;)

Chris [8D]

netmum
27-04-2003, 02:09
I have just flown Heathrow to Miami return, and was more impressed with security at Heathrow than Miami. At Heathrow they checked all bags and people, then further checks at the gate with scanning and shoe checks. They announced on board that the plane had been thoroughly checked over and was secure. In Miami the searches seemed more random, with suitcases going through a scanner and some being opened and staff having a quick look. Then the hand luggage check with no shoe check or personal bag searches. My friend who travelled the day before said that everyone at Miami had their bags opened!

Rebecca

Carla
27-04-2003, 05:30
In March I flew USAirways via Charlotte, and on the return flight had almost a full body search before being allowed to board the Gatwick bound plane!! I must look dodgy, 'cos I get searched all the time, as well as my shoes removed and swabbed. I was the last one on the plane!

Perhaps they think that my "extra padding" is concealing weapons!! :D

bellaepovera
27-04-2003, 17:56
Dont feel so bad they do the same to my son....

Carla
27-04-2003, 18:20
quote:Originally posted by SunLover

Worth remembering that most cases are opened and searched now, so if you do have any, shall we say "personal" items, you don't want anyone else to see, don't take them !!!;)

Chris [8D]

Hell, take anything with you. There's nothing they won't already have seen. :D:D

Just wear a BIG grin when they search through. :D:D