PDA

View Full Version : Picking up villa keys

poolman
29-05-2005, 01:00
Hi everyone, just been informed from my villa owner about picking up the keys from the management company outside of normal working hours. It says the keys will be in a box on the side wall of the office which has a combination to punch in and turn handle as anybody done this before, sounds a bit odd to me, rather speak to a person. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance Poolman

florida4sun
29-05-2005, 01:12
Hi,
this is very common and nothing to worry about. I used to run a managemnt company and we did this same thing about 50% of our bookings.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poolman
Hi everyone, just been informed from my villa owner about picking up the keys from the management company outside of normal working hours. It says the keys will be in a box on the side wall of the office which has a combination to punch in and turn handle as anybody done this before, sounds a bit odd to me, rather speak to a person. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance Poolman
[/quote]

29-05-2005, 01:22
We have done this a few times [msnwink]

njstringer
29-05-2005, 01:22
There is no problem with this system. We have done this a few times before owning our own villa. We used to pick up the keys and directions and call in to the office the next day to report in. I must admit we now have our own lock box at the villa, but the downside of this is the guest does not know where to go to report a problem, other than by phone.
Do not worry about this system.;)

Ruth
29-05-2005, 01:26
We too have rented villas before we owned who used this system and as the others have said it is nothing at all to worry about. Like Rachel and Nigel we chose to have a lock box at our villa for our guests' convenience but a lock box at the MC's office is just as common:)

DiannaUK
29-05-2005, 01:27
It is a very regular way to collect villa keys and probably still the most popular, although some villa owners now have lock boxes at the actual villa rather than at their MC and some even have electronic key entry systems.

Don't worry at all.

Dianna

whitfield family
29-05-2005, 02:19
Our management company operate the same system and our guests have not had any problems with it.

tezz7628
29-05-2005, 02:24
definately used this system after hours which is about 95% of my journeys

from the mc office though never at the villa yet, seen the adverts for the keyless ones

dolphinv
29-05-2005, 03:49
The only problem with this system is you have to follow directions to the management company punch in a code get the keys and then follow more directions to the home. We did this with first home we rented, second home had its own keybox and so does our new home!

blott
29-05-2005, 04:04
At least half the Florida homes probably have their own key lock box near the front door or an electronic door lock these days.

But, there are some that have a lock box at their management company office. We used to do this at our home and, as the management company office was on the same route anyway, it wasn't much of a problem. Your home owner will give you detailed driving directions so that you can find the office easily.

Both situations are perfectly normal in Florida so don't worry, you'll be fine and have a great time.

LiesaAnna
29-05-2005, 11:59
we had a lock box at the villa we stayed at twice, its very easy and simple to use, just tap in the code given to you and pull a button down, open door put it back, the door has locks on the inside so you lock it up at night, its so much easier then taking keys everywhere with you all the time

Dennan
29-05-2005, 18:10
This year they keys will be send to us by mail. Arround 2 weeks before we will arive.

Previous time the owners had a keybox at the house.

One of my things I looked for when renting a villa was that I didn't had to go to a Managment company for collecting the keys, because you are tired enough after a long flight.

domster
02-06-2005, 22:07
We are doing this when our villa is built. It is the Norm.