PDA

View Full Version : Sentinel Immigration Story

flyrr100
28-05-2005, 17:51
I don't think this effects Brits. More aimed at Mexicans. But, read on anyway:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-locvreform28052805may28,0,4485368.story

esprit
28-05-2005, 20:18
It isnt about Brits or Hispanics, it is about people who are here illegally. Read this

"The measure would establish a visa mechanism, by which up to 400,000 visas would be granted each year to immigrants who have job guarantees and can pay application costs. It would grant visas of up to six years with the chance to apply for residency.

Immigrants here illegally as of May 12 would be able to pay a $1,000 fine and fees to apply for the six-year visas, with another $1,000 in fines due at the end of the six years if they apply for residency"

So had we come out here and overstayed, we could apply for a visa that would lead to residency. As we are already on a visa and were legal on the date in question, we cannot avail of this. I am speechless, no I am not speechless, I just cannot stop SCREAMING!!! Talk about doing the right thing and doing it all WRONG!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

chrizzy100
28-05-2005, 20:53
They want the Hispanic vote Julie....most of the illegals are from Mexico......if the Gov is seen to be letting the illegals stay....they win more of votes of the Hispanic born here......

They have been hunting for a way to do this for years.......

esprit
29-05-2005, 05:15
Yep but it doesnt mention Mexicans, it says illegals so Brit overstayers would have been covered. It is a joke, a really bad joke on those who invested their life savings in a business here to get a visa that never leads to green card, but of course no-one cares about our vote.

chrizzy100
29-05-2005, 05:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Yep but it doesnt mention Mexicans, it says illegals so Brit overtayers would have been covered. It is a joke, a really bad joke on those who invested their life savings in a business here to get a visa that never leads to green card, but of course no-one cares about our vote.
[/quote]

You try doing it as an illegal Brit and see how far you get.....they can't say straight out thats its for illegals from Mexico....but it is.....its a vote winner nothing more.......

esprit
29-05-2005, 05:40
It worked for Brit illegals on the amnesty, Chrizzy, I know a couple who were overstayers amnesteyed by Clinton who got green cards and are now citizens. I dont see how they can refuse you if the act just says illegal and no nationality. The dates passed anyway, no point loads of people flooding over.

chrizzy100
29-05-2005, 06:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
It worked for Brit illegals on the amnesty, Chrizzy, I know a couple who were overstayers amnesteyed by Clinton who got green cards and are now citizens. I dont see how they can refuse you if the act just says illegal and no nationality. The dates passed anyway, no point loads of people flooding over.
[/quote]

It would be interesting to see numbers........I know they were talking about it on Fox news.....I try to keep out the room when its on the TV.....illegals are not a subject to bring up around hubby....... be they from any country.......going to any country...we know too many people who got here the hard way....