PDA

View Full Version : celebrations fireworks and parade

KevinT
28-05-2005, 02:58
Just come back today from Florida and on our last night decided to go back to MK at 9:30 pm to see the fireworks and 11pm spectromagic parade.
I've seen both a few times before but because of the current Disney celebrations, both have been revamped and are exceptional. The fireworks had all sorts of new displays (including red heartshaped bursts) and the parade seemed to go on forever.
MK itself was unusually busy , perhaps due to Memorial Day weekend coming up and many schools seem to be off at the moment.
The parade was a great end to our time there.

walden64
28-05-2005, 11:07
Kevin

Thanks for that, I wanted to watch the fireworks and evening parade a couple of weeks ago but just didn't have time. The fireworks were great before but sound even better now.

I will now put it on the list for August.

E. Cosgrove
28-05-2005, 12:47
We saw them both in March Kevin, first time for about 6 years, they were exceptional:D

KevinT
28-05-2005, 16:56
We had been at MK most of the day with my sister in law and her two year old grandson and were all quite tired by 4pm. When she suggested we all went home , freshened up and the adults came back we were not wild about the idea, but as it was our last night we thought "OK, we got the tickets and the car park pass, we might as well" Everyone agreed that it was very well worth the effort.
Definitely one for the "To Do" list Mike & Michelle. I'm sure Liz will agree. [msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
28-05-2005, 18:22
sounds so nice!!! will pass this onto my daughter shes coming with us in Oct, but am not overly struck on MK but i might just go with them and look for myself, sounds like it may just be a bit better then before

KevinT
28-05-2005, 21:15
Liesa,
We went mainly for the benefit of the two year old grandnephew (thats my story!)
but it's been a few years now since we were there and it's nice to just be there and see it, as it was the only Disney park open in 1980 when we first went. It hasn't lost any of the "magic".
The castle lighting at night is spectacular and multicoloured.
Only problem with MK is you can't get the "Small world" song out of your head for months (if not years) afterwards !!:D:D ( Altogether now) Nah na na na na , na na na na na, na na na na nah, na na na na nah, na na na nah na nah, na na nah na na nah ,Its a Small World after all ! (repeat 'til the men in white coats arrive)
[msneek][msneek][msneek]

LiesaAnna
28-05-2005, 22:09
nutcase![msnwink]

i felt the thrill when i first walked through the gates! but we had seen friends videos and they were gorgeaus!!!!! but...... we thought as it was some kind of celebration whhen we went in 2002 that it would be a very special kind of parade, we were very ignorant of all the parks/tickets just everything to do with the "florida" thing!!! so we were disappointed but after reading many threads/postings on here have since thought that we didnt know anything and the only way to find out is to go again and again!!! my daughters will be 21 months old when we go so i think as you have to take the tinies! to Magic Kingdom i am more then happy to give it ago again! as you said so Kevin![msnwink]

incidently i love "its a small world" and couldnt wait to "sail" around it last time we went there!!!![msntongue]

Russ
28-05-2005, 22:15
i think i'll be giving this park a miss then mam [msntongue]

LiesaAnna
28-05-2005, 22:49
Russell ! stop bothering me! you know you loved it when mickey mouse picked you up and gave you a cuddle[msnwink] and minnie mouse gave you her phone number[msnwink]

Russ
29-05-2005, 04:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
Russell ! stop bothering me! you know you loved it when mickey mouse picked you up and gave you a cuddle[msnwink] and minnie mouse gave you her phone number[msnwink]
[/quote]

yeah right! in her dreams!

Thorogoods
01-06-2005, 03:10
Thanks for this info will be will visiting again in July for sure. :D