PDA

View Full Version : B1 visa application

ptinkmaster
28-05-2005, 01:15
Phoned US emmbasy to make appointment for B1 visa. Asked for details of my family. Told them i had a child of 7yrs who will be attending school whilst we are there. We were told could not make an appointment until we had recieved a I-20 form from the local school authority in Orlando.
Contacted authority today, to be told that to issue this I-20 would cost $6501. Is this correct?
We have always thought that schooling was free and every child in Florida was entitled to an education place.
We have also been told we have to get a letter from his school here giving him permission to come out of school here and attend another in the US. Again is this right?
We would really appreciate some good advice.
Paul & Jen

Ray9
28-05-2005, 02:13
An I-20 form is an official government document which certifies that a person is eligible to be an F-1 non-immigrant student..
Every child RESIDENT in Florida will receive education.

As you are going on a B-2 presumably for vacation or whatever the reason you placed on your application form etc.. you are not supposed to be putting children in school ....
Of course if you was an illegal immigrant ..different story ..

think carefully before applying for the B-2 ..it can be a big drag if you are refused .. 90 days on a VW ..should be enough to find a business..