PDA

View Full Version : Ebay & 4-Day Hopper Tickets (non-plus)

Amirah
28-03-2003, 23:30
Hello all,

Our trip is exactly in about six weeks to WDW in Orlando, Fl. and I am now ready to buy theme park tickets. I found out that my resort sells them at discounted prices and I am leaning toward that. My husband found tickets on Ebay that people are putting up for auction.

We would like to purchase two 4-Day Adult Park Hopper tickets (non-plus) and 1 4-Day Child Park Hopper ticket. Which way should we go? Are the tickets supposed to match the original buyer?? In other words, my friend told me she heard that Disney fingerprints you or something to that extent (sounds weird).

How does this work? Help! Anybody know the rules? Anybody familiar with Ebay? Also, any response about the Universal two-day tickets would be helpful.

Thank you,

florida4sun
29-03-2003, 00:18
Don't buy off ebay. There is no way of telling if the ticktes are valid. Also the tickets clearly state non transferable on them.
If you want genuine tickets at discounted price then buy the from orlandvillas http://www.park-tickets.com.

The 2 day universal tickets currently get you an extra day free. Alos realise that the 4 day hopper tickets dont get you into the water water parks. 4 days is also not long to 'do' Disney. Would give you a good taster though.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Amirah
Hello all,

Our trip is exactly in about six weeks to WDW in Orlando, Fl. and I am now ready to buy theme park tickets. I found out that my resort sells them at discounted prices and I am leaning toward that. My husband found tickets on Ebay that people are putting up for auction.

We would like to purchase two 4-Day Adult Park Hopper tickets (non-plus) and 1 4-Day Child Park Hopper ticket. Which way should we go? Are the tickets supposed to match the original buyer?? In other words, my friend told me she heard that Disney fingerprints you or something to that extent (sounds weird).

How does this work? Help! Anybody know the rules? Anybody familiar with Ebay? Also, any response about the Universal two-day tickets would be helpful.

Thank you,[/quote]

MsRuthieB
05-04-2003, 08:55
I discovered I could save money also buying through AAA.

Rushton50
10-04-2003, 05:45
as registered ebay user both in selling and buying. I would have to agree with florida4sun. Dont be tempted by cutting corners as the following story will gut you should it happen to you!!!

Our resort rep was telling us when the street vendor and by that i mean guys without id or a booth, just a bloke on the corner was selling and buying tickets from passing tourists had actually sold 2 adults 2 adult tickets and these tourists were dead chuffed with themselves as they saved 20/30 dollars, but when they tried to get into the magic kingdom they were detained by guest relations until the police arrived causing them great embarassment as they were frog marched to the local station for questioning. It emerged that these tickets were stolen and sold to them.
This couple lost a whole day out of their holiday not to mention scaring what should have been the best memories.

ask yourself. Is it worth it?

As an ex Disney employee i can tell you that the strip on the back contains a lot of info that relates to the original holder of it and in light of 9/11. they do check everything thouroughly.

In Short. save money by going to a reputable ticket office and dont cut corners and risk the embarassment and hassle it could cause.

Biggus
10-04-2003, 12:34
Amirah,
I know it's slightly off subject but this time around we found with ALL the parks we did using our 5 park flex ticket insisted on photo identification AND a signature to enter, last time we had no such security measures, so things are much tighter generally. Buying cheap tickets doesn't work, heard so many horror stories. We bought our 5-park flex and Kennedy passes through this website and had no problems whatsoever, they were there waiting when we arrived in the villa.
There is no such thing as a 'free' lunch when it comes to tickets, I also noticed that the 'timeshare' ticket 'touts' were only offering discounts off the tickets rather than the whole ticket this time around, still wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. My tip would be to find an organisation with competitive prices who you have a personal recommendation about...... can't go wrong on here!! NO I DO NOT WORK FOR OV.COM EITHER.:D

shellbell
10-04-2003, 12:41
I found cheapest way is to buy from US direct. They charge $25 to post or you can pick them up when you're there and yes they are proper tickets not vouchers you have to queue up to exchange!

Amirah
10-04-2003, 21:47
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! I took all of your advice and went to a Disney store at my local mall. I got my tickets for the regular Disney price which is cheaper than ALL the sites I have been to to get them cheaper and I saved on shipping. I appreciate all the wonderful feedback. I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Thanks again!