PDA

View Full Version : pre booking seats

Paula D-S
28-05-2005, 00:34
Hi
We booked flights with U S Airways to Orlando via Washington last summer with Charter Travel. When I tried to book our seats I was told as the transatlantic flight with with British Midland US couldn't book the seats, I rang BM who assured me that seats are allocated only when booking in. I had a DM today off another member who said they pre book seats with BM all the time. I am quite concerned now as we are travelling on Monday with young children.Has anyone else had an experience like this.[?][?]

28-05-2005, 01:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
Hi
We booked flights with U S Airways to Orlando via Washington last summer with Charter Travel. When I tried to book our seats I was told as the transatlantic flight with with British Midland US couldn't book the seats, I rang BM who assured me that seats are allocated only when booking in. I had a DM today off another member who said they pre book seats with BM all the time. I am quite concerned now as we are travelling on Monday with young children.Has anyone else had an experience like this.[?][?]
[/quote]

What may have happened is as they only pre book a certain percentage they may as its so last minute not have any pre bookable seats left?

BMI now do night before check in so have a look here........

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/travelinformation/attheairport/check-ininformation.aspx?airport=MAN#info

and look here its says quite clearly that the do pre assigned seats.......

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/travelinformation/attheairport/check-ininformation.aspx

Hope this helps?[msnsmile2]

domster
28-05-2005, 01:10
I don't know where you would stand as your ticket was sold by US Airways and not BMI. If it was a BMI ticket I have pre-booked seats before.

failing that get to the airport as early as possible and ask for the best seats.

amy
28-05-2005, 02:01
we had the same problem in march this year, BMI would confirm we were on the flight but not book seats or a childs meal, this was because it was booked through United by Charter, we could however choose our seats on the chicago-orlando leg. which helped as previously we have been split all over the plane not good when they seat a 2 year old alone on an exit seat. On check-in BMI made sure we were together with good seats and confirmed the meal was booked.

28-05-2005, 02:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy
we had the same problem in march this year, BMI would confirm we were on the flight but not book seats or a childs meal, this was because it was booked through United by Charter, we could however choose our seats on the chicago-orlando leg. which helped as previously we have been split all over the plane not good when they seat a 2 year old alone on an exit seat. On check-in BMI made sure we were together with good seats and confirmed the meal was booked.
[/quote]

They sat a 2 y/o in an exit seat alone???? Please tell me this did not happen????

Paula D-S
28-05-2005, 02:32
Thanks

Now I am worried[msncry][msncry]
I will ring Charter again tomorrow and see if they can help in any way

28-05-2005, 13:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
Thanks

Now I am worried[msncry][msncry]
I will ring Charter again tomorrow and see if they can help in any way
[/quote]

Caitlin, If I were you I think the best bet would be to use the night before check-in if you can - you would stand a much better chance of getting sets together.

How old are you children? If any are under 2 you could possibly get a bulkhead seat?

Good luck![msnwink]

DiannaUK
28-05-2005, 14:01
I understood it was illegal to sit children in exit seats [msnscared]

Paula D-S
28-05-2005, 14:12
I just got off the phone to BMI and was lucky enough to book seats together.

28-05-2005, 15:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DiannaUK
I understood it was illegal to sit children in exit seats [msnscared]
[/quote]

It is!!!!!!!!!!![msnmad]

There is a CAA/FAA rule somewhere that I have come across that also states the age at which children can sit separate from parents too[msnscared]

28-05-2005, 15:08
Caitlin you asked me what plane it is at the moment on BMI to Washington..........

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/mach 2/200552018440_bmi.jpgIt is a damp leased 757 from Icelandair - sorry!

[msnsad]

amy
28-05-2005, 18:24
Yes they did
They don't look at the passenger details when they allocated the seats, it was only when we complained about the 3 of us being seated separatly they noticed, i then got the exit seat and Paul and amy were about 20 rows behind so we got 2 seats together.

They are very good at the gate calling up single passengers to the desk to reallocate the seats to try to seat families together.