PDA

View Full Version : 8 seater

maggie
28-03-2003, 01:31
We have hired an 8 seater mini van for our holiday in Orlando. There are 5 adults and 3 children. What worries me is how much luggage you can get in them from the airport to villa and is it going to be cramped driving around. I don't fancy anything bigger as I shall be doing a lot of the driving. We have a 4x4 at home. There is usually only the two of us so we usually have a saloon of somesort. Has anyone any opinion on the mini van.

Maggie

Ruth
28-03-2003, 01:56
I can let you know in a couple of days Maggie, we are hiring an 8 seater for our party of 7. I think it will be fine for driving around but I am not sure how much luggage room you get[8D]

Andrea
31-03-2003, 14:24
I would love to know the answer to this too Ruth when you have time.

Although we are only a party of 6 in an 8 seater, we will have at least 7 suitcases and I am concerned about getting to and from the airport. I have visions of hiring a small car on a one way rental and one of us following the van with a couple of cases.

The next size vehicle up (12 seater) looks huge and not practical for everyday driving around.

caroline
31-03-2003, 14:43
A couple of years ago we had an 8 seater for 4 adults, 3 teenagers and 1 child.
We were arriving on different days, so it was fine for transporting luggage to the villa, and great for travelling around during our holiday, but we ended up having to get some of the luggage transported back to the airport by taxi - we did have quite a lot of luggage, I think it was 6 or 7 suitcases, 3 sets of golf clubs, and a fair amount of hand baggage.

Andrea I would think that you should be fine with only 6 of you and 7 suitcases.

rhiann
31-03-2003, 16:20
We had an 8 seater 3 years ago for 4 adults and 4 children all under 8.
We had 4 cases, 2 holdalls, 2 buggies and hand luggage and it was a tight squeeze we would not have managed anymore.
But it was brilliant for everyday driving.

Mandy

Kissyme
31-03-2003, 17:12
We also had an 8-seater some years ago 4 adults 3 children did`nt have a prob with the luggage although I dont pack loads of stuff (each time we go I pack less) The thing I liked about the van was you could split the kids up (3 Boys!!) saved on a lot of stress on the longer journeys

blott
31-03-2003, 17:37
I drive a 7 seater in UK and, if you had seven passengers, there's no way you'd get much luggage in it as there's only a small luggage space at the rear. We just about manage to get our weekly supermarket shopping for three adults into the rear space (around 6 - 10 carrier bags piled on top of one another). Having said that, it's really roomy with just seven passengers and no luggage.

Maggie, can you cut down on the number of suitcases by sharing them between people? If you're renting a villa, remember you will have a huge washer and dryer so you don't need to take a fortnight's worth of clothes for each person.

Ruth
31-03-2003, 17:46
I can now report that the 8 seater was perfect for us. We had 3 large suitcases and 4 pieces of hand baggage which went in perfectly. Did a large shop from Wal Mart on the way from the villa and just managed to get that in too. We would have got another suitcase down the side but I think that would have been all we could have managed if the seats were all taken.[8D]

maggie
01-04-2003, 17:59
I know what you mean Blot about being able to do washing but you try telling that to two girls (who don't live at home anymore so know it all) who have never been to Florida before. They couldn't possibly leave anything behind and washing well the're on holiday. Its a fashion show between the two I'm afraid. Thanks for your reply. Fingers crossed it will all go in otherwise we will have to get a taxi as well.

Maggie