PDA

View Full Version : A Houseful Of Furniture Wanted

PlayneCrazy
27-05-2005, 10:34
Hi all, we just bought a non rental home in ST Cloud (down 192) and need everything.

We stretched ourselves financially to buy the house ( couldn't have afforded it if we waited another year the way prices are going) and don't have a lot of dosh left so would like to buy secondhand stuff if we can.

We are going to be snowbirds so the furniture doesn't have to be up to the standard you rental guys need.

We will be there from about 8th June for a couple of weeks to do some decorating etc so if you have any reasonable stuff please let me know.

We ARE supporters of this site by frequent car rental using the link.

PlayneCrazy
02-06-2005, 13:10
Thanks to all those members who read the above - not one reply - it seems that no-one has any old furniture for sale.
Have just ordered some basics on line and hope we get delivery in the next week or two.

Ruth
02-06-2005, 13:40
It would be quite unusual to get someone selling a whole furniture package. About the only time this happens is when a STR owner sells to a permanent resident who does not want the furniture;)

Genie
02-06-2005, 13:47
There are often single items for sale on the forum but not usualy the whole lot. We furnished our home on our own and did it all in a few days. You could go onto the web sites of say Rooms to go etc and see what you like then when you get there go and buy it !! they deliver really quickly too.

PlayneCrazy
02-06-2005, 23:36
Obviously I must apologise as I have phrased my ad badly.

I really don't expect to buy it all in one go from one person.

I just wanted to make clear that I needed every item of furniture so whatever people wanted to sell I would be in the market for.

As I posted originally we are financially stretched so just buying it all in a few days from rooms to go would be beyond us.

We are not renting out so have no income, but also don't need immaculate impressive furniture, homely stuff would be fine.

linsan
03-06-2005, 02:41
You'll be amazed at what you can buy at Walmart. For the larger items there are plenty of furniture shops, especilly on OBT (Orange Blossom Trail). If you want to buy or look on line then you can DM us as we have about 40 Florida Furniture websites saved from when we were buying our villa.

Hope all goes well, once you are out there check out garage sales!

huckleberry house
03-06-2005, 02:59
Timing could be an issue as well. For example I want to change the bedroom furniture set in my queen bedroom but as I wont be there until August then this is probably too late for you.

Lesley

ctgirlscout
03-06-2005, 03:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house
Timing could be an issue as well. For example I want to change the bedroom furniture set in my queen bedroom but as I wont be there until August then this is probably too late for you.

Lesley
[/quote]

Same here, we just got rid of a sleeper couch and entertainment unit in April! You can try places like Goodwill. They have a store on OBT, I think, and there is a lot of used furniture at reasonable prices there. Or check the local newspapers when you go and see what the locals are selling.

chrizzy100
03-06-2005, 03:51
My neighbour get Furniture from Consignment stores....he did his 2 bed condo for under $3k.....nice stuff......I don't know if you can get info about the nearest one to you online.....

PlayneCrazy
23-06-2005, 03:44
Hi folks, just got back today - fully furnished now so don't need anything.
Found a good auction and bought lots of furniture there, got most of the rest from garage/yard sales on a Friday and Saturday.
Only things we nought new was kitchen stuff from Target and Walmart, bed linen from Wamsutta , a TV from Costco and nice pine bunk beds from Walmart.
One thing I learnt was to be very careful buying mattresses as there are so many different sizes and they don't call them what we call them. Take a tape measure.
Booked my car hire on this site and got free upgraded to a gas hungry Dodge Stratus by Dollar - its amazing what you can get in the back of one of those if you take out the rear seat. Even got bunkbeds kit in, and single (twin) mattress. Saves a lot in delivery charges and you get it home quicker.

Bottom line was that we decorated and furnished our 3 bed with very good stuff for less than $6000 including a thousand for a TFT TV from Costco,we could have spent £2000 less anf bought lesser quality but as its our second home we didn't want to go that way.
If anyone wants to know the Auction details and a few tips then please message me.

Thanks for all the responses

Lizb
23-06-2005, 23:22
That`s great PlayneCrazy now you have a nicely furnished second home.

Also good that you got everything done in the time you spent there.
It would be good to have the details of the Auction rooms you went to.

I am pleased for you.

[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]