PDA

View Full Version : Cinema with Sweet Popcorn?

K4LGB
27-03-2003, 16:43
Has anyone found a cinema that sells sweet popcorn in the Orlando area?
Not interested in the Buttercist type of stuff (candied) - just normal sweet popcorn.
We love going to the cinema but can't stand salt popcorn and the cinema experience is never the same in the US due to the lack of popcorn....:(
You would think with such a large British contingent bolstering the Florida tourist economy that they would cater for this - I'm sure we are not the only ones who have this preference!

Thanks in advance for any heads-up
Cheers
Les

tinkerbell
27-03-2003, 17:01
Afraid I can't say I know of one! The American's just don't seem to have the same sweet tooth as us when it comes to popcorn!

steph_goodrum
27-03-2003, 17:42
Les
Have you tried the Butterkist "cinema style" flavour popcorn that they sell in the UK, we much prefer it to the toffee and it has the right degree of sweetness to us, I don't know if its available in the US but you could always take some with you. The first time we saw it was in our local Poundland and for a while it was the only place we could get it then Tescos started to do it as well.

Matt
02-04-2003, 03:39
Strange, but I like the salt popcorn, and at Disney in Paris you can only get the sweet stuff!!

Just thought I'd add my two penniths worth:)

Matt

blott
02-04-2003, 15:45
I've just had a thought... why not take a packet of DIY popcorn from here (or buy in the USA) for microwave popping? That way, you get what sort you like and can DIY it as and when cinema visits require?

chris
03-04-2003, 15:46
Trouble is the microwave stuff is revolting!