PDA

View Full Version : crazy golf

monkeys
25-03-2003, 23:35
first of all sorry orlandobabe i know this should be in miscallaneous but i think it'll probably be seen by a few more people here,

can anyone give us tips for the best place to go carzy golfing, nearness to i-drive and whatever???

any tips appreciated

janny
26-03-2003, 18:06
http://orlando.travelape.com/recreation/congo-river-golf-and-exploration-co/
http://www.piratescove.net/kissimmee.html

Try these sites

pbensur
26-03-2003, 18:34
We love Congo River the best. The kids always want to go there "one more time". They send you on a hunt for artifacts while maneuvering your way through the course! Information can be found on the first website that Janny gave you above.

athurstance
26-03-2003, 19:12
You can't beat the Disney mini golf parks for theming. My favourite is WinterSummerland which is right next door to Blizzard beach. They have two courses here - Santa on his summer holidays and of course the Winter course. Great fun.
Disney also have Fantasia - crazy golf based on the characters from Fantasis and the Fantasia Fairways - we love this. It is a mini golf course which has little fairways and looks more like a real mini golf course.
Away from Disney we like Pirate golf. There is one on International Drive and one on the 192. Probably more of them - they seem to be everytwhere. You can't miss them. They are great in the evening.

dbrook
26-03-2003, 19:53
Angela can you remember how much it costs to play the Disney Crazy Golfs? Would imagine a lot more expensive[?]

athurstance
26-03-2003, 20:22
It is approx $9 per adult, $7.50 per child. You can play a second round for half-price on the same day. Also if you have Annual Passes you get 50% off.

Andrea
30-03-2003, 15:30
My daughter absolutely loved the Fantasia mini golf last time we were in Florida. When we go at Easter this year we are planning on going to the snowy side of WinterSummerland.

monkeys
02-04-2003, 02:15
where is the fantasia course located, what park is it closest to?

caroline
02-04-2003, 02:19
Head for the Swan Hotel, it's opposite the entrance

monkeys
02-04-2003, 02:33
just wondering where the swan is, because we're trying to work out which park to do before we go to fantasia golf:)

caroline
02-04-2003, 03:22
Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course

General Information Hippos dance, fountains leap, and broomsticks march at this 36-hole miniature golf adventure, based on Disney's classic animated film "Fantasia." Choose Fantasia Gardens for a fantastic escapade complete with music and interactive obstacles from the film's most famous scenes. Experienced golfers can challenge Fantasia Fairways, complete with par-three and par-four holes ranging from 40 to 75 feet long.

Location: Epcot® Resort area, across from the Disney-MGM Studios. The courses are within walking distance of Disney's BoardWalk, Disney's Yacht Club and Disney's Beach Club Resorts, and the Walt Disney World Swan and Walt Disney World Dolphin.

Hours: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week (subject to change due to weather conditions and seasonality).

Cost Greens Fee: $9.76 (adult) and $7.78 (child ages 3 to 9) for either course. Take advantage of a 50% discount on a second round played on the same day. Proof of purchase required

Phew..I knew I'd find the info eventually;)

tinkerbell
02-04-2003, 14:24
It's walking distance from Epcot, you can get on the boat/raft thing from Epcot World Showcase, and walk through the Boardwalk to the mini-golf. You can then also return via Epcot, as long as the park is still open! Nice break in the day for Epcot visitors perhaps?!

mikewj
07-04-2003, 00:17
The Disney Golf is hard to beat, but if you want something on I-Drive, there's a Congo River Mini Golf up there.

If memory serves me well, they have a treasure hunt around the course which can give you a prize if you find all of the artefacts.....its not a huge prize, but you can win a free or half price round.