PDA

View Full Version : Visa Required??

AngelaB
22-05-2005, 01:08
On my Virgin Booking Confirmation at the bottom it says 'If your passport is issued after 26 October 2004 a visa is required' . Sorry to be thick , but, what does this mean exactly. I thought we didnt need a visa if we have full passports.....confused and probably a bit stupid[msnembarrased]

LiesaAnna
22-05-2005, 02:15
your not the only ones! why do we need visas in laymans terms please??????????
my daughter and her partner are coming with us in Sept/october and they have passports obviosly but his mother keeps telling them they need visas i say they dont!am i wrong? (i normally am[msnwink])

AngelaB
22-05-2005, 02:32
this visa stuff does my flamin head in Liesa, i thought you needed just the passport but i am really confused.[msnsad]

LiesaAnna
22-05-2005, 02:40
i know Angela!! i thought my passport was good enough now i am panicing!!

blott
22-05-2005, 02:42
No, you're right Leisa. The date was put back to 26 October 2005 and applies to anyone who gets a new passport after that date.

If you've got an existing passport that's valid after then for a long time, you don't need to do anything and you certainly don't need a visa unless you're otherwise not qualified to use the visa waiver programme, ie you've got an arrest or conviction, etc.

If you've got a passport that expires shortly after 26 October 2005 and you're travelling to the USA after that date, then you need to apply for a new passport before the deadline in October - then you won't need a visa at all. You can get a 'credit' of up to nine months with a new passport so the old one won't be completely 'wasted'.

If only I had a £ for every time I've posted that! I dunno why companies, newspapers and other people try to make life more complicated than it is already!

AngelaB
22-05-2005, 02:42
COME ON lovely people of the forum give us a clue....[msncry]

AngelaB
22-05-2005, 02:44
So for instance, my 7 year olds passport has expired and i am in the process now of renewing it. If i renew it before October then she doesnt need a visa???

blott
22-05-2005, 02:51
No, she doesn't need a visa...

AngelaB
22-05-2005, 02:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
No, she doesn't need a visa...
[/quote]

OK thanks Blott for being patient, i just DONT understand these things....[msnsad]People give different versions....and....its late and im tired so think i shall shut up now and go to bed.

Ta again[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
22-05-2005, 22:19
thanx Blott[msnwink]

domster
22-05-2005, 22:27
It is not clear at all and I have heard loads of different angles on this. Thanks Blott for putting my mind at rest and as I have 5 years left on mine will be best to keep it for the time being.