PDA

View Full Version : Highway 192 ?

petenamy
20-05-2005, 00:41
I have a satelite navigation system, which I bought for going to Orlando this year (fed up with getting lost all the time), but it does not have highway 192 in the listings, does highway 192 have a street name, such as 'West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway' or the like?

athurstance
20-05-2005, 00:55
Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway is the name for the 192.

petenamy
20-05-2005, 01:22
I had a feeling it was, but I wanted to get it confirmed.
Thanks for the quick response, it is very much appreciated.

benfilo
20-05-2005, 01:50
it's got a couple of names , I cut this off a website, just in case they come up for you. hope it helps.

The road also has many 'names' on it's journey West. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (both East & West), Vine Street (both East & West) and the final section just known as West US Hwy 192.

petenamy
20-05-2005, 02:31
They never make things easy, do they[msneek]?

Many thanks, very much appreciated.

benfilo
20-05-2005, 03:12
you're welcome , part of the fun is getting lost anyway[msnsmile2] have a great trip

Aiminghigh
28-05-2005, 19:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by benfilo
you're welcome , part of the fun is getting lost anyway[msnsmile2] have a great trip
[/quote]
Agreed!
A few years ago we were staying at Lindfields with my brother and his family. We were heading back to the villa from the Magic Kingdom in two seperate cars and he said he would stop off at the 7/11 for some milk. We had taken his children back in our car and after nearly 2 hours, he turned up! He had gone the wrong way up the 192 and ended up at Boggy Creek [msneek]It took him ages to realise he was going the wrong way.It was very funny afterwards, but worrying at the time, pre mobile phones!

benfilo
29-05-2005, 01:38
Last October i missed the exit for 192 coming from Disney and ended up in the back end of Celebration, wife and kids were ribbing me a bit. Next night did exactly the same thing[msnembarrased][msnembarrased].
It was worse the day we arrived there tokk me 2 hours and about £20 in mobile phone calls trying to find our hotel, but we did stumble on the Gaylord palms. If you have any time It's worth exploring you never know what you'll find.