PDA

View Full Version : Calabay Parc

tia 33
19-05-2005, 23:53
Can anyone give me any info on Calabay Parc please? I would love to know about local shops, restaurants, travel times to Disney etc.
Many thanks! [msnsmile]

Andy and Wendy
20-05-2005, 00:43
Hi Laura,

Calabay is within a 15 minute drivetime to WDW via the ChampionsGate exit on I4 (exit 58).

For shopping you have a brand new Publix approx 2 miles north on US27 which is set alongside some smaller shops including a Chinese and Italian takeaway. This is on the left hand side of the 27 at the Sand Mine Road lights.

For the WalMart "experience" carry on up US27 for another 4 or 5 miles just beyond the junction with US192 and there is a brand new WalMart on your right hand side at the first set of lights.

For other restuarants go south on US27 and within 2 miles there is a large Cracker Barrel (very popular) and a strip mall with another Chinese takeaway, WalGreens pharmacy, and a Beef O Bradys family sports bar.

A bit further south is the I4/US27 junction with more restuarants including an excellent "all u can eat" Chinese buffet.

And if you want another option drop in at the ChampionsGate complex for Publix, Video/Game rentals shops and more.

Phew - you won't go hungry!

You''ll have a great time at Calabay[msnsmile2]

Andy

tia 33
20-05-2005, 01:00
Many thanks Andy [msnsmile] - that gives me food for thought - excuse the pun!

caroline
20-05-2005, 01:03
There are also a few nice restaurants at Champions Gate, there's a lovely pizza and pasta restaurant, they also deliver. China 1 again it delivers, and a creperie[^] a personal favourite:).

If you come out of Calabay and turn right about 2 miles down the US27 there is a Bob Evans, great for breakfast and it's also right next to exit 55 of the I4 so you can hop straight on to go to the parks.

It's a lovely community, I'm sure you'll have a great time[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
20-05-2005, 14:14
Where is the creperie Caroline, is it just around the corner from the italian?

Tracey K
20-05-2005, 20:06
Yes it is Liz. We have got as far as the Italian before now - the creperie is lined up for the next trip!

timmy
21-05-2005, 18:22
Hi Laura,

i think you'll love Calabay Parc - it's so peaceful, yet just a few minutes drive to the I4 and all the attractions.

Our favourite local restaurant is Manny's Chop House about 10 minutes away on the US27 south.

Also not too far away are the excellent selection of restaurants at Formosa Gardens on the US192. Our favourites are Carrabba's, Outback and the Red Lobster. Our children love to go to Dairy Queen as a treat.

Good to see you are making use of the Forum!

Sandra

tia 33
21-05-2005, 20:07
Thanks for the info on Calabay Parc Sandra!

Funnily enough it was a Sandra with a gorgeous villa just like yours who recommended the Forum to me.........! :D

Florida3883
21-05-2005, 22:34
Try the 19th hole at Championship gate for Lunch. It's huge and very tasty

chrizzy100
21-05-2005, 23:46
I don't own on Calabay.....so I have nothing to gain.......:D
But I would not be upset to drive up to a home there for my holidays......it was the place that made me look to buy in Orlando......but it was not right for full time living.....so I went up the road....

timmy
22-05-2005, 02:20
Laura

It would be great if you could report back after your trip on what you thought of Calabay Parc.

Good to see you surfing the forum - I bet you're counting the days!

CarolAnn
22-05-2005, 20:25
And if you want a fabulous Subway made to order lite lunch Laura they have a great one at Champions Gate too!! :)
I am sure you will adore Calabay Parc Laura, have a wonderful time [msncool]

timmy
23-05-2005, 11:02
And don't forget that there's a new Indian restaurant on the US27 called Sangam.

Chrizzy - good to have an independent view of Calabay Parc.

tia 33
23-05-2005, 22:27
Many thanks for your posts especially regarding restaurants! :D

Will do my best re a trip report and photos when I get home! Oops, mentioned those horrible two words 'get home'.[msnsad]

timmy
24-05-2005, 01:19
Don't get depressed before you get there:D Only 5 days to go!

CarolAnn
24-05-2005, 12:20
Absolutely Timmy!!! Wish my count down to going back to Florida was in days too[msnsad]Never mind! I do get pleasure from reading other people's plans and posts! Roll on your trip report Laura :D