PDA

View Full Version : Benadryl for Children

imported_n/a
16-02-2002, 19:29
My daughter is allergic to many things in the UK and can sometimes start sneezing quite badly in Florida. She is asthmatic and this therefore can cause her to become poorly if not treated.

We discovered Benadryl for children in grape flavour - no equivalent for kids in the UK, so we bring some home for the summer months here. Its been great so far. Walgreens definitely stock them and some supermarkets.

TheWindster
17-02-2003, 16:13
I too have a child with various allergies and asthma. I haven't tried many things as am constantly aware of alergic reactions, (it's a vicious circle!). Can I ask how old your daughter is? My son is now 11 (almost 12), and is-fortunately-not as alergic to certain things as he was-or is it because we are more aware and he knows what he can and cannot have? I don't know!!

TheWindster
17-02-2003, 16:17
I forgot to add that our saviour medicine is Clarytin (also known as Loratadine). I expect you've tried that? It's only one dose/tablet a day and lasts for 24hours with no side effects such as drowsiness.

steph_goodrum
17-02-2003, 16:38
My 16 yr old daughter who has excema, asthma and perennial rhinnitis (like hay fever but all year round) takes Zirtek daily which helps, this is a one a day non-drowsy anti-histamine. She has had this prescribed since she was 5, if she hasn't taken her tablet going round shops etc, she is invariably sneezing, doesn't take much to set her off.