PDA

View Full Version : Pointe Orlando

orlandobabe
17-05-2005, 20:27
is looking very sad at the moment (may 2005). We went yesterday and they were dismantling the big doll outside of the now defunct FAO Schwartz-we took a picture for posterity.

There's no Gap, no Freeport -Disney store and many others that I just couldn't remember.
victoria's secret, perfume shop, Claire's
Express, Bath and Body works, bookstore all still there.

The cinema is still operational and the restaurants-so still worth a visit on a night-but prepare to be disappointed if like us-that was one of your fave places.

Genie
17-05-2005, 20:43
We went a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe how empty it looked, it was one of my favourite places too !![msnsad]

17-05-2005, 20:46
What a shame, what has caused the down turn?[msnsad]

LiesaAnna
17-05-2005, 21:06
well we knew one of our favourite places was still there in December Johnny Rockets the milkshakes are to die for!!!! but its a bit expensive! but hey you just have to have a "real" shake!

i'm glad we had the pleasure of shopping/browsing there when we went in Dec02 its a shame it has gone, but i expect the malls have something to do with it all?

lisacrotty
05-09-2005, 03:15
Outside the point last week it said they were refurbishing the whole of it and it would be ready i think it said spring 2006.
I have to agree it looked very sad, I also loved looking around the point, so lets hope its going to be just as good or even better

Ray&Sarah
05-09-2005, 04:02
Its just not the same without that Teddy bear.[msncry]

Looks like more shops, resturants and a cinema coming though.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
05-09-2005, 12:25
we found it to be soooooooooooooo quiet when we went, we head straight for Johnny Rockets!!

CarolAnn
05-09-2005, 12:26
I have to admit we have only been to Pointe Orlando once,and I wasn't a real fan. Never been keen to go back, perhaps others have felt the same and business just didn't take off? Lets hope the re-launch makes it a successful area;)