PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Beach.

ORLANDO_MAGIC
15-05-2005, 14:07
Nice pic of Daytona Beach taken last night as the sun was setting.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/20055151058_BEACH.jpg

LiesaAnna
15-05-2005, 14:37
its so lovely and clean and with the advantage of parking on the sand even better! we really liked it here!

eagleydo
15-05-2005, 14:51
Never done this beach, we were going there last year but unfurnately Jeannie arrived first and after we were unable to visit. I heard somewhere that they lost many inches of top sand and that you were unable to drive on the beach, is it ok to drive there now? Would like to visit this year.

ORLANDO_MAGIC
15-05-2005, 14:51
Incredibly even though i have been to Orlando 6 times in the last 4 years i have never been to any beach.

We did plan to go to Daytona my first ever visit but it was February 2001, and the day we were due to go it was raining, so we went to NASA instead, and even though it poured down most the day it was a great experience, and next time i return i will try to go again, and for sure a trip to a Beach, any Beach is a must, and that balloon ride which was so frustratingly cancelled on my last trip in April is a cert.

John.

ORLANDO_MAGIC
15-05-2005, 14:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
Never done this beach, we were going there last year but unfurnately Jeannie arrived first and after we were unable to visit. I heard somewhere that they lost many inches of top sand and that you were unable to drive on the beach, is it ok to drive there now? Would like to visit this year.
[/quote]

Watching the webcam last night i did see vehicles driving along the beach, so i assume its ok.

LiesaAnna
15-05-2005, 15:16
we drove there last December, no signs saying we couldnt and it felt totally fine to do so!!!! infact it felt weird driving on the sand! hey Jan as you know we are all pebbles in Brighton so to see sand is wonderful let alone drive on it, then park and sunbathe along side of it!!! the water was lovely!! but hubby got bitten as soon as he stuck his toes in!!! he swears it was a shark even to this day[msnwink] but we think it mustve been a very small crab!!

ORLANDO_MAGIC
15-05-2005, 20:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
[/quote]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/2005515163559_BEACH.jpg

YES CARS ARE ALLOWED AS YOU CAN SEE.

LiesaAnna
17-05-2005, 13:45
thanx John, spent more time then i should've here yesterday it was lovely watching them running in and out of the water! i so cant wait till we go again in sept[8D]

Curly Wurly
17-05-2005, 14:34
it looks lovely - were hoping to go to there this year never 'done' the beaches before. Great photo [clap]

LiesaAnna
17-05-2005, 15:21
go to google and tap in florida webcams and look at the daytona one (bearing in mind the time difference 5 hours?) and be patient and you will see and (if the sound is turned up) you will hear the sea, it so gets me in the mood for florida!

Magical Dreams
20-05-2005, 01:04
We drove along the beach on our very first time to Florida!

Loved it!

[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

DisneyDreamer
20-05-2005, 14:52
Sitting here in Kent on a grey rainy day that makes me want to get over there on a plane IMMEDIATELY!!!!! [8D]

Madabouttigger
20-05-2005, 22:32
We usually "do" the beaches when it gets too hot, take a picnic and just go and chill out. I love driving on the beach but beware they are polices and you must follow the speed limit and no u turn rules.
Diane.

Simpsons_fan
30-05-2005, 13:15
Looks great, we can't decide whether to visit Daytona or Clearwater.

Which one would you guys recommend?

LiesaAnna
31-05-2005, 00:17
both!!!! thats what we're hoping to do this year!!! have been to Daytona but am hoping to go to both for a day at each to relax!!!
(hubby reckons he was bitten by a shark when we last went to Daytona , water was gorgeaus he got nipped by a crab!!!!)

Simpsons_fan
31-05-2005, 16:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
both!!!! thats what we're hoping to do this year!!! have been to Daytona but am hoping to go to both for a day at each to relax!!!
(hubby reckons he was bitten by a shark when we last went to Daytona , water was gorgeaus he got nipped by a crab!!!!)
[/quote]

Sounds good, but there's so much we want to do in our two week visit to Orlando that I don't think we'd have the time to spend two days at the beach.