PDA

View Full Version : Chevys

florida4sun
21-03-2003, 08:06
Went there for the first time about 2 weeks ago. Great place with very good Mexican food. Everything is fresh, they do not allow tinned goods in the kitchen. Excellent salsa and freshly made Nachos to start. Meat, fish and chicken very tasty, service great. I went for the 'hot spicy' steak. Normally 'hot' over here is very tame. This is very hot, so if your a vindaloo type giove it a go. The regaular platter is very tasty and not overly spiced. Found out today that our office is within the free delivery route:)

Tracey
21-03-2003, 14:12
I'll second your recommendation, Martin.
We went here for the first time in January and really enjoyed it.

fiona
21-03-2003, 14:52
Where is it?

florida4sun
21-03-2003, 18:57
Its on the 192. East of Poinciana on the right.

quote:Originally posted by fiona

Where is it?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-07-2003, 00:55
If you want to eat outside there are quite a number of tables. We ate at Chevys on a number of occassions in April. There was quite a big crowd of us so outside was ideal. The children's menu is good and more nutritious than most. They get an icecream and drink included in the price oh and they all got a balloon of course. One of our party was celebrating their birthday, she got a special icecream and a sombrero to keep. I would recommend the creme caramel type pudding too. Excellent food, good range for vegetarians but tell them as they subsitute the re-fried beans (fried in pork fat) for black-eye beans - good value for money.

Sarah

MTP
23-07-2003, 01:23
We usually go to the Chevy's at the Crossroads (?) shopping area. It is opposite the Lake Beuna Vista entrance to WDW, where the Goodings supermarket is. There is also a nice ice cream shop there which is good for a dessert in the car on the way home.

Best wishes,

Euan

Gillian-B
23-07-2003, 01:39
I like the thought of eating outside, especially in summer as you won't freeze in an air-conditioned restaurant :D

Gillian

Tracey
04-09-2007, 20:06
Gutted that Chevy's on the 192 had closed when we pulled in last week :(

Lynne S
04-09-2007, 20:12
Is the one at Buena Vista Crossroads still open?

Jo
04-09-2007, 20:39
no....[msncry]

Tracey
04-09-2007, 22:38
Yes, the Buena Vista Crossroads one is still open.

Jo
05-09-2007, 20:58
Great - it's one of our favourites. The manager at the 192 was excellent at helping withour special dietary requirements. Let's hope the other is just as good.

Parrothead
14-09-2007, 16:28
Have been eating at the Crossroads Chevy's for years, we always go here for our first nights dinner:) Great food and FAB margaritas

Geoff
13-12-2007, 22:46
Went to Chevy's at Crossroads last week but felt it had gone down since out last visit. Was still OK but not the Excellent we have had previously and for once was quiet.

roger
13-12-2007, 23:09
Since the 192 one closed we have been eating at the Crossroads. Although the menu is the same we felt the tables too squashed together. Just to push your seat back to get away from the table you had to ask the people behind to push their chairs in to their table. No room for the kids to move around the table, as they usually do when we are out, without annoying adjacent customers.

gulfcovefl
14-12-2007, 17:40
I am always a favorite of Mexican food and had stopped in Chevy's a couple of years ago while in Orlando. I was very impressed with the atmosphere, service and the most best part was the food. Shame we dont have one in our area on the Gulf Coast. Compadres on Dearborn in Old Englewood is ample, Mi Pueblo in Venice (Rte. 41) is also great and then in Sarasota there is Don Pablo, (Fruitville & I75).