PDA

View Full Version : E2 VISA

kinch
13-05-2005, 17:51
I have just come back from Florida and my closing agent
told me that the U.S gov are considering granting
indefinite E-2 visa's has anyone heard of this?[clap][:)

kinch]

Snapper
13-05-2005, 18:17
It sounds like they are getting mixed up with the new E-3 visa, that once issued can be extended indefinitely. E-3's are only availale to Australians though.

It all seems quite strange to me. Australia are trying to encourage immigration at the moment because their economic growth is outstripping their populatio growth. They also have skills shortages in some trades; carpenters, plasterers and hair stylists are on the list alongside the usual nursing and teachers. Now they also have the US been seen to encourage Oz to US migration by offering more favourable terms than are available to the rest of the world.

esprit
14-05-2005, 00:26
LOL LOL LOL. Pick me up off the floor someone! People are getting LESS time on E2 than they did, I got 5 years, everyone now is only getting 2. What he means is that they can be extended indefinitely PROVIDED you fight your way through periodic visa nenewals, which means provided your business keeps trading successfully enough to fulfill E2 criteria, you employ Americans, you dont retire and you dont decide to go home because they are throwing your kids out at 21. And the biggest provided of all, provided the Americans dont move the goalposts as to what the criteria are which they seem to be doing all the time...