PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 05 in Orlando

vlf123
13-05-2005, 00:54
Hello out there! I'm new to forums so please be gentle with me!!

We've just booked our flights so we can spend Christmas & New Year in our villa. It's the first year we'll be in Orlando for the holiday season.

Wanted some advice and recommendations for what to do / where to go on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. Must be suitable for children (2 boys aged 5 & 2.) Also, how far in advance can we get tickets for places.

Thanks

Vicki

andrewmckay5
13-05-2005, 01:02
Vicki,
there are quite a few OV owners who are over at xmas. We spent last year and will be going again this year at our place on the Gulf so can't help you with Orlando but i am sure you will get a load of answers.
Try the christmas section and also do a search to get you started.
andrew

LiesaAnna
13-05-2005, 01:06
hello vicki and welcome
am sure you'll find all your needs with us here at Ov forums
and may we be the first to wish you "a very merry christmas"[msnwink]

ravtino
13-05-2005, 01:23
We too are going out at Xmas and I have looked through the old posts on Christmas and made myself a list of things - like the Gaylord Palms Ice, have a good look through.

DisneyDreamer
13-05-2005, 16:55
Hi, looking forward to reading your replies as we are off for our first Christmas in Orlando in 2006

Welcome :D

christhear
13-05-2005, 22:25
Hi

We were there for Christmas last year. As we had my 7 year old son wit us we took some presents over for the big day. subsequently we stayed in the villa during the day, had a swim played with the presents and then went to a dinner show in the evening.
We went to Pirates which would be suitable for 2 young boys.
Regarding buying tickets you can order them now, use the link on this site, they are the best prices I could find.

esprit
14-05-2005, 00:21
The parks are very very busy both days. Also the boys wouldnt make it through to 12 on NYE, you really have to get in the parks early and it is a long long day, even adults flag. Go another day and enjoy it more.
I would agree with a dinner show for either in the evening, a walk around Celebration ( it is fantastic at Xmas, snowfall 4 times nightly, father Xmas, carriage rides, train rides, lovely decorations) or perhaps around the Disney boardwalk or Downtown Disney would be nice in the afternoon. Xmas morning at that age is for new toys and a nice breakfast somewhere. Nice relaxing day, less fraught.

Ray&Sarah
14-05-2005, 13:11
We would echo avoiding the parks on Christmas Day as we went to MK a few years ago on Christmas Day and it was VERY busy, much nicer to go on a less popular day. The lights in Celebration on the residents houses are great and don't miss it snowing in the main street there. A dinner show in the evening would be the perfect end to the day.[msnsmile]

jen
14-05-2005, 17:30
We went to the Luau at Seaworld last New years Eve for the 8pm (ish) show - there is one earlier and had a great evening. Our girls are 9 & 7 so that bit older. We spent the day enjoying the villa and pool and then made our way over to Seaworld around 6pm and enjoyed a couple of rides/show beforehand and had a very relaxing time. We didn't stay right to the end but left around 11.00pm after the fireworks. Lots of people were arriving as we left ready to see the New Year in but we simply did that on our Pool deck with a glass of champers!

Have fun Orlando is wonderful at Christmas, we go every year! Try Downtown Disney in the run up to the big days as they usually have some free entertainment on with a lovely holiday feel.

Jen:)