PDA

View Full Version : Best Day Out?

Ken and Julia
12-02-2002, 03:04
Seaworld Used to be the best day out I think as you were never really sure what these fish/mammals were going to do I thing the introduction of rides has spoilt the park a little but it is still well worth the admission fee.

always look on the bright side

rob
12-02-2002, 03:10
I find myself watching the Kraken roller-coaster rather than Clyde and Seymore when watching the show - it is a bit of a distraction but a great ride.

-------------
Rob

porky
12-02-2002, 04:37
Having been to Sea World numerous times, we all decided to try out the evening show. It was great, a lot better than during the day. Mind you, you really ought to do both to get the best out of the park.

I agree about the rides, especially as I'm made to go on them when I don't want to. I've been on that Kraken once and I hope I never have to again, ugh, my stomach is falling just thinking about it. I'll leave it to the kids in future and go watch the whales instead.

Jacqui

orlandobabe
12-02-2002, 17:45
Has anyone done the Polynesian Luau. We did -it was sort of ok! We heard that there is a better one at Disney!

Orlandobabe

Orlandobabe

MMFAN
15-02-2002, 04:49
The Polynesian Luau at Disney is at the Polynesian Hotel. It is relatively good, the performance is what you expect...if you've ever been to Hawaii. The tables in the back are pretty far removed from the stage, and the ones in the very front have extra low chairs, so watch where they seat you. If you have a MK Club card, they had a discount for this dinner.

steph_goodrum
21-02-2002, 02:37
Another tip with the dolphins is, if you see a trainer beside the pool try and stand near them as the dolphins always come up to them.

steph

blott
24-02-2002, 16:39
A couple of tips:

Try the food at the Key West section (near the dolphins), it's very unusual but delicious

Don't sit in the first 30 rows of the Shamu show unless you're hot and want cooling down!

blott

Edited by - blott on 24/02/2002 12:40:13

orlandobabe
24-02-2002, 23:31
Sounds then that they are pretty much of a muchness then MMFAN (luau's that is).

Don't think we'll bother with the Disney one then!

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
25-02-2002, 02:02
Blott is there food suitable for children at Key West?

esprit
25-02-2002, 02:10
We ate there also. Jane. It was quite Caribbean- fried conch ( in batter.sort of fish balls which came with a dip), also strange cakes called funnel cakes which are quite unique. Drinks were the best ( tropical cocktaily things) If your kids are the burger type, probably not.

Julie Carty