PDA

View Full Version : dining expreriences

monkeys
19-03-2003, 18:34
I am looking for ideas on where to eat when I come to Orlando in October.
We wanted somewhere that would also be an experience and so would love some feedback on the places we have been looking at and any suggestions would be fab.
we were thinking about medievil nights and the polynesian luao in one of the disney resorts....are these worth going to or is there anything better?
we were also interested in Fulton's crab house, from the outside it looks great...would anyone recommend this.
Thanks

caroline
19-03-2003, 18:43
We ate at Fulton's crab house last year, the meal and service were both great. Quite pricey but we felt worth the money.
If it's just adults in your party then I'd recommend Victoria and Alberts at Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel, it's very special but not for children. There is the mouseketeers club at the hotel that you can book the kiddies into while you eat, but we haven't tried it. (Have actually booked the kids in while we're there in April, so will report back!)

steph_goodrum
19-03-2003, 18:46
It doesn't open till May but there is a new one opening called Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede, I will try to find the website or info, I know it's a country themed evening with horses etc. but obviously can't tell you if it is any good yet.

monkeys
19-03-2003, 20:27
Thanks.
It is just adults in our party, I do realise that we are planning well early but we're so excited.

caroline
19-03-2003, 21:21
If you want to go to Victoria and Alberts you will need to book early! We booked for April about 2 months ago and still couldn't get he Chef's table for any night during the 2 weeks we're over there!

janny
19-03-2003, 22:54
http://pscalculator.net/wdwig/psreport.html

if you use this calculator you will find out when you can make priortity bookings for Disney meals

florida4sun
19-03-2003, 23:58
Foulton's is excellent,. they fly all the fish in fresh every day and post the packing notes on the door to proove it. We usually eat in the bar and have selection.

quote:Originally posted by monkeys

I am looking for ideas on where to eat when I come to Orlando in October.
We wanted somewhere that would also be an experience and so would love some feedback on the places we have been looking at and any suggestions would be fab.
we were thinking about medievil nights and the polynesian luao in one of the disney resorts....are these worth going to or is there anything better?
we were also interested in Fulton's crab house, from the outside it looks great...would anyone recommend this.
Thanks

monkeys
24-03-2003, 16:34
great, so fulton's is a definate, victoria and albert's sounds great but i'm not sure if i want to spend that much.....but it does sound "special"

esprit
24-03-2003, 17:27
Always fancied Fultons but thought it would cost an arm and a leg. How much then for a Fultons bar meal approx, Martin??

athurstance
24-03-2003, 19:42
You'll be fine for a table at the V&A at short notice as long as you're flexible on which day. The chef's table is very hard to get though and you need to book 180 days before - it quite often gets snapped up very quickly so ring at opening (7am Florida time). Not done the chef's table but can happily recommend V&A main restaurant.

neilandkay
24-03-2003, 20:49
Found this if you want to do the Polynesian Luau at Seaworld

Aloha Polynesian Luau
Call 1-800-327-2424 and tell the reservationist you read this on the SeaWorld Web site and receive a $5 discount off adult and junior tickets. This offer not valid with any other offer.

I recommend the Sharks Underwater Grill in Seaworld
"Adjacent to Shark Encounter®
Enjoy lunch or dinner just inches away from more than 50 sharks. Upscale, full-service restaurant -- the finest of foods in a casual atmosphere. “Floribbean-style” menu that blends Caribbean and Florida fare. Main courses emphasize fresh seafood and a selection of prime beef and chicken entrees. Also menus for teens and children. Themed cocktails and delectable desserts top off any meal."

We had some wonderful food and managed to get a table right by the shark tank. Our little boy loved to see the fish & sharks close up and it was nice and cool after the hot Orlando sun.

--Kay