PDA

View Full Version : In Flight Entertainer?

netmum
19-03-2003, 17:34
With a trip to Florida with a 6 year old and 3 year old, I have a few ideas on what to take to (try to) keep them happy.

I would love to hear what everyone else takes in the way of toys, food and snacks, to help keep their children happy. I'm looking for new ideas so I can cut down on the time I spend as in flight entertainer![:o)]

Rebecca

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-03-2003, 17:53
Plenty of milk / juice, favourite blankets and lots of their favourite books always keeps our 2 and 4 yeard old's entertained.

That and the Scooby Doo movie that was on the in-seat video channel :D.

steph_goodrum
19-03-2003, 18:49
As well as favourite books, toys etc, a few new ones will always go down well, if they get bored with it in half an hour at least you've had a little more peace. Don't give them to them all at once, save a couple for when they are really getting bored.

Corny
08-04-2003, 03:57
Hi

I travelled to Orlando when my daughter was three and a half, and packed her a new bag with brand new things in that she had never seen before. Firstly, a new pencil case with pens, prit-stick glue, and a small notepad with coloured paper. That kept her busy for ages. I also packed a couple of sticker books. Very popular. Little packets of food and drink. Look for travel games, you know, like connect four, boggle etc.

I will be going later this year with my two year old. Boy, am I dreading that!!!

Jayne.

fiona
08-04-2003, 04:19
My girls used to love fuzzyfelt, which is probably no longer available as they are now nearly 18 and 14! The Early Learning Centre used to do it as well under their own name, and they just loved it. Better for travelling than a jigsaw and kept them amused for hours.

steph_goodrum
08-04-2003, 06:51
You can still get the fuzzy felt Fiona I've seen it at Toys R US not too long ago, but there are several variations now such as magnetic picture sets or the vinyl cling pictures which would do the same, without too may pieces to lose.

pbensur
08-04-2003, 20:30
Packing new items is a great idea. We always made sure we packed some new things that the children would be surprised to find once they were on the plane. You get a break and can take advantage of the novelty before it wears off! One thing that worked well for us when my children were those ages was a couple of small containers of playdoh. I found some that had cutters and molds built right into the lids. This seemed to keep them busy for awhile!

Rushton50
10-04-2003, 05:26
I have heard the idea from somewhere, but the use of lucky bags for different periods throughout the flight, obviously made up to suit the sex and age of the child.

How you give them out is entirely up to you, but the best way would be for the being well behaved or every hour. For being well behaved may be a problem if there a 2 or more kids and one of them remains to be a terror throughout, but no doubt parental bribery works in this case.

There is nothing worse than your child kicking the back of someones seat because they are restless and its too long a flight for kids only to get the person in front slightly steamed up.

hope this of use

alan