PDA

View Full Version : Pre School/ Daycare

Ferrari
07-05-2005, 20:36
Can anyone suggest a good pre school/daycare around the 192 area and Hwy 27. We have two little girls one is two and a half and the other is three and a half. We took them to a pre school/daycare at Celebration and after three weeks just had to take them out. They absolutely hated it. I am not criticizing the 'school' to tell the truth it was an excellent 'school'. Our kids are just quiet and shy compared with american kids. We are still in the process of deciding if we will move here. But we will only do so if our kids are completely happy. Has anyone else had this problem with young kids. Someone suggested that we should have left them there, that they would have adapted. I have no doubt they would have got 'used' to it but at what price. We watched them from a distance at times for the three weeks they attended and they were genuinely unhappy.

Cruella DeVilla
07-05-2005, 22:56
There is a daycare on the CR54 (Ronald Reagan Parkway)next to Windwood Bay which is in the areas you mention. I can get you the name from some friends if you like.

Ferrari
07-05-2005, 23:34
Thank you CDV, that would be great if you could.

kaysvacationvilla
07-05-2005, 23:44
My 2 girls where the same way adjusting to pre school and even had trouble the first few weeks of kindergarten. They cried which broke my heart, but after a few weeks they broke out of their shell and made friends. After they got used to it they did not want to stay home if they were sick as they ended up really loving it. You will probably have this situation no matter where they go.

florida4sun
08-05-2005, 01:47
The one at celebration we checked out and it was awful. We found finding preschool to be very tough but struck lucky with with the charter first school on Michigan Ave. It was fanastic, structured education and a totally devoted teacher. Hannah just loved being there.
We looked at just about every preschool out there and this was the only one we would trust to have Hannah[msnscared]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ferrari
Can anyone suggest a good pre school/daycare around the 192 area and Hwy 27. We have two little girls one is two and a half and the other is three and a half. We took them to a pre school/daycare at Celebration and after three weeks just had to take them out. They absolutely hated it. I am not criticizing the 'school' to tell the truth it was an excellent 'school'. Our kids are just quiet and shy compared with american kids. We are still in the process of deciding if we will move here. But we will only do so if our kids are completely happy. Has anyone else had this problem with young kids. Someone suggested that we should have left them there, that they would have adapted. I have no doubt they would have got 'used' to it but at what price. We watched them from a distance at times for the three weeks they attended and they were genuinely unhappy.
[/quote]

fllion
08-05-2005, 07:18
We have friends who have brought a day care centre but it is in Haines City, is that to far ? They are an English couple and very nice people. If you need a number let me know.