What would you say is the difference between these beaches-
Siesta Key
Fort Myers
Naples

thanks
mona

Katys Grandad
06-05-2005, 19:20
I have stayed by all of them but know Fort Myers best. In my opinion they're all lovely and well worth a visit.

However, I would urge caution if you're going in March. I once spent 2 weeks in Fort Myers during March 'Spring Break' time. Lots and lots of noisy drunken college students taking over the beach and surrounding area for a week. Wouldn't do that again in a hurry. I don't know if it's replicated in Naples and Siesta Key though.

Ruth
06-05-2005, 20:31
We like the beaches at Boca Grande and Englewood by far the best and you would not have any problems there in March:)I went to Siesta Key last July and it was far to busy for me[:I]

andrewmckay5
06-05-2005, 20:33
Mona,

You may find this thread of interest:
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_19867.asp

I've actually spent spring break in Key West as a student many years ago and can echo Phil's comments if you are having a family holiday.
I was one of the "revellers" and had a great time[msnembarrased] but would avoid it now with my family.

We have stayed at our villa in Rotonda twice during march and have had no problems round that area.Not a plug as we are already booked for the whole of March next year but it may be worth looking at somew of the Gulf villas on the link above.
andrew

becbecs
06-05-2005, 21:21
Only been to Siesta Beach and can recommend 100%. I have never known sand so fine though its like power and really white. The sea is beautiful also.

florida
07-05-2005, 00:16
Been to all of them, wouldn't go back to Fort Myers it was heaving and just reminded of parts of the Med like Ibiza and Magaluf where all the 18-20 clubs go.
Naples is beautiful but can be very expensive, lots of rich retired people live there. Stayed at the Registry Resort which I can highly recommend.
Did a day trip to Siesta Key and it was beautiful no crowds at all.
Having said all this, if you haven't visited the Englewood area of Florida then this is a must. Fantastic quiet beaches all very close to villas on Rotonda, some as close as ten minutes away and I have never seen them crowded on any of our visits. The weekends do get slighty busier as many of locals visit. Staying at Englewood means your only about an hour away from Sanibel & Captiva and the beaches there should definately not be missed.
We are staying Indian Shores this year which is between Clearwater and St Petes where you'll also find beautiful beaches. Thats the problem with Florida you have so many choices which one do you go for!