PDA

View Full Version : New to Site

dpds
06-05-2005, 01:55
Wanted to let you know that I am new to the site, and already posted a question....have been to Florida a few times but have never rented a home- so this is new to me. Anyone tell me what your over all view of villa rental was? Good/Bad??

Ann-Marie
06-05-2005, 02:09
Hi Diane

Welcome to the forum.

We've have stayed in both Hotels and villas in Florida and would opt for a villa every time now.

There's nothing better than having your own space to relax after a busy day at the parks and of course, your own swimming pool.

The villas available through this site are fantastic and you deal with the owner direct and not through and agent, so you know exactly what you are going to get - the prices are very reasonable too.

The guys here are great too and will help you with everything you want to know about Florida - just ask away!

njstringer
06-05-2005, 02:36
I think most people on this site will tell you that once you have experienced staying in a villa you will never go back to a hotel.

It is great having your own space, own pool, plus lots of extra goodies that the villas offer, including some with games rooms and playstations etc. You also have the freedom to come and go as you please.

In my opinion, being a family of four or five people, and all staying in one cramped hotel room, is not what I'd call a holiday. But others may think differently.

trevlad
06-05-2005, 02:36
yeh ditto dianne,

our kids are now into their teens so privacy has a play ,also great for parents to have their own area .great that th kids can get up of a morning and breakfast and swim etc etc.
we were firm motel guys and are out at the end of the month for our 3rd villa rental. we loved it so much we are having one built!

Lynnes
06-05-2005, 03:07
Hi before we bought our own villa we stayed in hotels until we rented someone elses villa, quite honestly we never looked back and would never go in an hotel in Florida ever again.

shenon
06-05-2005, 08:04
a villa everytime....especially with a family ,one or two rooms are so restricting so i would choose a villa every time , space, privacy,own private pool,too many plus's to mention but one thing is for sure once you have stayed in a villa the likelyhood is that you wouldn't return to a hotel again:)

pieman790
06-05-2005, 09:45
Welcome to the forum, im sure you will find lots of reading here.
If you have a family/Large party then the villa option is by far the better way to go. Once you have experienced staying in a villa then you will never want to go back to a hotel again.
You get more space, private pool in most cases, and loads more extras such as games rooms, playstations, DVD's, clothes washers/dryers, full working kitchen etc.
We did it a few years back and got the bug so much that we bought our own villa last year.

LiesaAnna
06-05-2005, 11:55
Hi Diane,
hope you enjoy the OV forum, its very informative!!! we rented a villa on both occasions we went to florida, but we didnt know of this site when we booked the second time, so we went back to the origional villa, we are going october this year and the thought of this lovely villa we are hiring on Terra Verde is great! after a day in the parks we come "home" and relax in the heated pool at whatever time we want lounge around with so much space so the kids arent under feet! i cant imagine being in a hotel room with the kids when they are tired and wingey, no escape from them!
yep you cant beat a villa in florida for a few weeks relaxation!![msnwink]

Jules
06-05-2005, 12:56
Hi Diane,

Welcome to the forum.

We used to stay in hotels until my daughter hit her teens and drove us all mad by spending hours in the only bathroom. I vowed then to try a villa and have never looked back, in fact we liked it so much we bought our own!

Apart from the advantage of more than 1 bathroom the thing I like most is the freedom to come and go as you please. I don't sleep well at the best of times and find the time difference of 5 hours between the UK and Florida plays havoc with my body clock for days. It is lovely to be able to get up at 4am and make myself a drink, read a book watch TV or whatever else I feel like doing without disturbing everyone else. Then there is the pool, the games room, the kitchen with the huge fridge, dishwasher, washing machine need I go on. Even though my kids have now grown up and we often go away as a couple I wouldn't go back to a hotel room for longer than 1 night.

becbecs
06-05-2005, 13:26
Don't think you can go wrong with a Villa, and at the end of the day's activities you arrive back to your own privacy, private pool etc FAB [clap]

Curly Wurly
06-05-2005, 16:07
Hello & welcome Diane

Hope you enjoy the forum, I know I have (and i'm a relatively newie!)
It will be our first time in a villa this year and I'm really looking forward to it. The information I have got from the forum is wonderful and I have found out so much about Orlando that I didn't know) :)

DisneyDreamer
06-05-2005, 17:51
Hello and welcome
Another vote for the villa, we have always stayed in hotels but after spending our last Florida trip in a Villa I wouldn't stay anywhere else now. We had so much more freedom and felt alot more relaxed having our own space, and we didnt have to go to sleep the same time as the kids as we usually do in a hotel room!!!![8D]

Lynne S
06-05-2005, 20:50
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

We loved staying in a villa so much we bought our own. Our first time was with our friends and their children, we joked about it....How good it would be to have our very own place in Florida!!!!

We made it a reality in December when we closed on our villa with those same friends we shared with.
Nothing can compare with having so much space and freedom.....Kids ? What kids ? With your own pool and gamesroom you'll have lots more time for yourselves[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

davy woods
06-05-2005, 21:09
Hi Diane, welcome to the forum, staying in a villa is what can only be descibed as your ultimate holiday, there is no comparison to an hotel, having your vaction in a villa gives you and your family ultimate freedom to come and go as you please.
You can get up in a morning and not have to que up for your breakfast, have a dip in the pool before you head off to the theme parks, come back of an evening and have a nice relaxing jacuzzi, order a pizza, watch a dvd or challenge one of the family to a game of pool in the games room.
The benefits of renting a villa are countless and far outweigh what you are restricted to in an hotel.

domster
06-05-2005, 23:56
I would agree with Davy,

A hotel does not compare to a villa. Have a look at some of the owners villas on here and you will see what we are all talking about.

nicholson
07-05-2005, 02:35
Hi Diane and welcome.

We stayed in a hotel on our first trip but now it's a villa every time! It's like a home away from home, fantastic.

lisacrotty
08-05-2005, 00:36
Hi welcome to the forum
Im new to the forum myself but we have been going to florida since 1992 and think it is fantastic
we stayed in hotels for about the first 4 visits to florida then we went one christmas with my parents and rented a villa.
we have never looked back. We would never stay in a hotel again.
Just having tou own space and private pool ,Last year we bought our own villa, which is brilliant, & we are looking forward to going out in the summer[msncool]

Ana
09-05-2005, 14:50
Hi Diane, Welcome to the Forum!
Ditto - a villa is most definitely the best way to enjoy your Orlando vacation. We only did the hotel thing once before trying a villa. Since then we have never looked back :D

jolliffee
10-05-2005, 21:21
Hi Diane, big welcome to the forum[msnsmile2].

McjohnjM
11-05-2005, 18:23
Hi Diane, and welcome to the forum.
Our first two holiday to Orlando we stayed in a villa, but on the next one for some mad reason we decided to go to a hotel, that was a big mistake as we had two growing girls and one bathroom, I pitied my poor husband. I can honestly say we will not be staying in a hotel again in Orlando as we have now purchased our own villa, the space and flexability you have is second to none.

Kim

moonbeam
12-05-2005, 13:17
have spent many a night viewing this site and have now decided to join the ranks.
Hi to everyone on here. :)

Newhomebuyer
12-05-2005, 15:04
Hi Louise, welcome:)

gail and david roberts
12-05-2005, 16:42
Hi I am Gail new to this Forum
had are villa on here for a couple of months now
WE a 4 bedroom at the manors North Westridge
for about 16 months now
doing Okay
Learning as we go along
have found some good friends from the other forum
and did notice alot of you are here too GREAT !!!
[msnsmile]

max and bev
16-05-2005, 18:47
hi all just a quick hello from us ,we have a place in snridge woods ,like to here from anyone else with aplace near[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
26-05-2005, 16:57
Hi Welcome to the forum.
Once you have stayed in a villa you will never look back!

mfairhurst
03-06-2005, 02:06
We are a new subsciber to the forum and we are asking if any member has information on internet services with the system called Freetalk, The telephone system is provided by Sprint and we believe their internet service is more expensive than Freetalk ? Maureen