PDA

View Full Version : Is M.K. crowded this week?

skoeper
05-05-2005, 21:23
Has anyone gone to the Magic Kingdom in the last few days? Was it crowded? Did they have to use the 'crowd control' methods that I've heard about? We are going on Saturday or Sunday and wondered what to expect.

Thanks!

fllion
06-05-2005, 08:01
We were there yesterday and it wasn't that busy, most rides you could just walk straight on to.

feathersonline
07-05-2005, 08:41
we were there today, Friday, and the biggest queue was around 30 minutes, so not too bad...

trevlad
07-05-2005, 21:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by skoeper
Has anyone gone to the Magic Kingdom in the last few days? Was it crowded? Did they have to use the "crowd control" methods that I've heard about? We are going on Saturday or Sunday and wondered what to expect.

Thanks!
[/quote] what crowd control methods - electric prods?

skoeper
10-05-2005, 00:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by skoeper
Has anyone gone to the Magic Kingdom in the last few days? Was it crowded? Did they have to use the "crowd control" methods that I've heard about? We are going on Saturday or Sunday and wondered what to expect.

Thanks!
[/quote] what crowd control methods - electric prods?
[/quote]

LOL, now that wouldn't be very nice [msntongue]. I've heard that when the Magic Kingdom gets crowded, they reroute parking to the Epcot parking lot and use trams to bring you quite a bit further! Plus, I've heard of them refusing to admit more ppl into the park if the quota is met and park really full. (I'm not sure what the limit is). That doesn't seem fair to me, if you have bought multi-day passes. Maybe you are allowed in with those type of tickets, but can't purchase a one day ticket if the parks are full. Sounded like a nightmare to me!

We went to the M.K. yesterday and had a wonderful time. Longest wait was 20 minutes and that was only once and at the "It's a Small World" ride. Most other rides we walked right into.

And we brought our sandwiches and drinks and no one said a word to us. We even ate at tables outside an outdoor restaurant which were empty, again without a word (!).

Our day was wonderful, our villa absolutely stunning! Our family of 10 fit in nicely and no one felt on top of one another. We cooked out on a grill, swam, and had a great time catching up.

Thank you everyone for your help in all the questions I presented in this forum. You really had great advice, much needed information, and made the anticipation greater with your enthusiasm!

Until our next trip to Orlando.....thanks!