PDA

View Full Version : Oh Well!

cinnamon
17-03-2003, 23:42
I lived in one of your villas for a week as a matter of fact I just returned from Orlando (Hampton lakes) of course the villa was very nice but everything that I paid for that should have been heated was ice cold my calls for help went unanswered and the gas grill wasn't used because it was new and we just didn't no how to use it.Orlando is a very nice city and as I said the villa was very nice but the messages that I left asking for help went unanswered and I guess my money for the heated pool etc went out the window.

Theresa
18-03-2003, 00:11
Hi

Did you contact the management company while you were in Florida to let them know that the pool heating was not on or indeed not working or have you contacted the owner regarding this matter?

cinnamon
18-03-2003, 00:31
I did all of the above while in Orlando and still have not heard a word!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-03-2003, 00:47
Sorry to hear about that Cinnamon - it's very unusual for a Management Company not to get straight back to you when you phone them with a concern or request like this.

pbensur
25-03-2003, 03:28
Cinnamon, I hope that you have contacted the owner and filled them in on what you encountered while staying in their villa. Villa owners trust their management companies to take care of these situations for their guests. The owner needs to know. Also, if you paid for pool heat and did not get it - ask for a refund! If a guest came to me with this complaint, I would promptly refund the pool heat charges!

Malam
24-04-2003, 22:56
If you paid for the villa by credit card, you can contact your credit card company and ask for them to put a hold on the money. That way you will be able to come to an arrangement with the owner or management company to get at least the money for pool heat back off them!

steph_goodrum
24-04-2003, 23:08
I think most of us would do the same if we had ascertained that the pool heater wasn't working. There are occasional problems if the temperature drops too low at night as many of the heaters cannot function under about 40 degrees, so therefore they will take longer to heat the pool as they will be starting from cold, we try to make guests aware of this as it can cause misunderstandings , but as with any hotel or other open air pool because they are subject to air temperatures, there will be times that it feels too cold to swim. We've had it in our own pool and other places we've stayed at before. However there is no excuse for the management commpany not to try and resolve any problems, and any owner would be grateful to be notified if the service they were expecting wasn't being provided to their guests.

Daniel Ramsey
25-04-2003, 08:27
I wouldn't be very happy if I had a cold pool in December![:0] My family and I live in Alaska, I think there arew only a few indoor pools in the whole state, and the only time for us to visit Orlando is when its the coolest like in dec or jan, honestly we hardly ever see days over 75F in our very brief summer, any hotter and we get heat exhaustion.

Having a comfortable big heated pool is the center of our vacation, two years ago my kids even preferred to stay at the rental home and swim instead of going to Disneyworld!, go figure:D

Now I need to rent another home and I got to check out who has the best accomadations here on the website, big pool is right up there.