PDA

View Full Version : Silly question coming up...............

tia 33
04-05-2005, 22:52
Apologies in advance if this is a really dumb question, but I have read on various threads that you can hire towels in the water parks. Great idea saves lugging your own. [msnsmile]
I have also read that it pays to bag certain sunloungers early if you want to work on your tan and not be in the shade. [8D]
But, in order to retain said sunny seats, do you have to park someone there whilst the others go off and have fun, or does your towel stake your claim for the day a la german tourists?
Also I presume all hired towels are the same and it is difficult to differentiate one from the other?
Please excuse my water park first timer ignorance! [msnembarrased]
Any other water park hints and tips would be much appreciated. [clap]

Thorogoods
04-05-2005, 23:54
Yes you can hire towels there and lockers.:D You will need to bag the sunloungers early, but we have always left towels/shoes/rucksack (no valuables) at the loungers and they been fine.[msnsmile]
The best tip is to get the refillable mugs they were ($12 I think in January) we already have this, but the next visit to get refills all day for only $6, there are loads of refill stations located through-out the park.[msnwink]

emm
04-05-2005, 23:55
I have only been to a water park once, so can only speak from that experience. We arrived late in the morning, and so there were only a few sunbeds not already 'bagged'. We finally found some and did what everyone else seemed to do, which was put your towel and bag on a bed and go off! We found that in our party of 7 there was usually someone just wanting to sunbathe or read, and so could keep an eye on our things, but the rest of the time we just left the stuff and went off. that is what most people seemed to be doing.

E. Cosgrove
05-05-2005, 00:47
We have always left things behind to reserve our beds. Towels, books, coolbag with crisps cookies etc. Never had any problems with things going walkabout.

KarenScott
05-05-2005, 00:50
We were just at Typhoon Lagoon last week. It was so good.[8D]

We had got all our towels ready to take with us and as we pulled up in the car park I said did anyone pick up the towels, no! Anyway, glad we didn't bring them in the end. Towel hire was $1 per towel. Didn't mind that cost.

We thought we were late arriving but pulled up at about 5 minutes to 10 - just as the park was opening! Good job. As our youngest is 4 we wanted to be in the kiddies area and with a bit of shade. We headed straight there and got good loungers. It was quite busy but the loungers that go first are the ones that offer a bit of shade and sun so it all depends whether you need that option.

We also hired a locker to put valuables in and left our loungers/chairs covered with towels as we ventured around the park. I think your chairs are safe as long as they have something on them. We also bought a refillable mug, I thought it was $10 and very good value.

Off to try Blizzard Beach next time, although the children loved the wave pool which I think will be hard to beat![:I]

stabard
05-05-2005, 01:05
WE had the refiller mug too - seem ro remember $10 and no charge to refill through the day. It does pay to get there at opening to get the best loungers (either that or later when people start going home)

tia 33
05-05-2005, 01:10
Thank you all for your comments [clap] Sounds like we will be fairly safe with leaving the towels and a bag - nice to hear that people haven't had problems with doing this. [msnsmile]
Thanks also Thorogoods for the tip re the refillable mugs. [msnsmile2]

Roll on May 27th !!! [msnwink]

weemac
05-05-2005, 01:30
What time does Typhhon Lagoon open in the summer? - we are going out June 25th and will definately be going for our first visit to a waterpark. Thanks[msnsmile]

TINAPETERS
05-05-2005, 01:47
The water parks are open 10am - 6pm upto 4th June.
Then from the 5th June they are open from 9 am - 6pm.

Have a great time

nicklangdon
05-05-2005, 13:11
It's worth getting a locker and paying for the refills is great,we shared one mug and as it gets hot you need plenty to drink so it works out as great value and of course you get to bring the mug home with you!It did become a bit of a thing wherever we went we bought a cup to bring home!Don't forget a waterproof camera!We didn't take one last time and hence didn't get any pics!The concrete gets very hot or though it does get sprayed to keep it cool so we wear slip ons and the kids have those rubber/foam shoes which you can get quite cheap if you look around!Have a great time!!!!! [clap]

Lesley S
05-05-2005, 14:07
We were thinking of a water park on our last day in Florida ie, the day we were coming home. Unfortuantely we have to be out of our villa the day before as we have guests coming in. The thought of taking wet towels in our hand luggage doesn't appeal to me, don't mind the costumes as these can be bagged. Hiring the towels will most probably be the best idea.

We will be checking in the rest of our luggage in Downtown disney in the morning.

pieman790
05-05-2005, 15:31
We hired some towels at wet n wild and they were expensive as were the tubes.
Also did TL but we arrived just after lunch and the place was packed. Managed to get two seats in the kiddies area but no sun beds or shade.
Most of the sun beds were not even used by the people who had left the towels.
If we went again i would get there early and avoid weekends

trevlad
06-05-2005, 02:09
at typhoon lagoon, there are always spare loungers in places like castaway cay and other out of the way places. can be a bit of a pain but if you have no choice in arriving late . send a party of 2 and carry a couple of beds round to where you want them. you can always squidge up a bed here or there to make space. especially on the stay away allday beds![8D](ps. dont tell everyone[msnwink])

tia 33
06-05-2005, 22:22
Cheers Trev, your secret is safe with me.........[msnwink]

ShirleyCottam
22-06-2005, 18:59
Another note on the refillable mugs, we got them ,last year, and you can use them again for a reduced fee, just take it with you to one of the disney waterparks, (and pay $5 i think), and they put a scanning sticker on that is valid for that day! we used ours 4 times last time we went to florida....great value, you just have to remeber to take them with you![msnsmile2]
shirley

trevlad
23-06-2005, 13:35
if a certain refill machine isnt working or if you are there anyway you can get a refill at the food/drink outlets,or again sometimes the ice runs out, this is refilled manually by staff every so often,just go to the nearby outlet, they will be happy to oblige(dont wait in the food q, we just say loudly ' is it okay to get a refill, please etc'then it lets the foodies know you aint pushing in on them!)
also when you scan the mug the whole dispenser is activated , so you can nip in if the person in front is using the other side or 2 of you go up together[msnwink]
its part of my master plan to keep the drinks q smaller!

kezza5222
18-01-2006, 23:01
do these refills cost anything or are they free once you bought the mug?

Kazzie
19-01-2006, 00:19
Kezza they are free for the day once you have bought the mug.

Karen

ALR
19-01-2006, 21:48
Typhoon lagoon is a great place and there are plenty of choices available for sunloungers. It was never crowded when we were there.

ALR