PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi Dine In and Crystal Palace

Amirah
17-03-2003, 22:40
We are staying all day at Magic Kingdom and MGM all day (pray for our feet)to catch the fireworks show (if there will any in May).

According to 'Birnabaums's Walt Disney World 2003' book I got at Barnes and Noble, Crystal Place(Magic Kingdom) and the Sci Fi Dine In (MGM) fall under the Best Dining Places at Disney World. Anybody else recommend these or have any restaurants that they love? Remember, our daughter is 7 years old. Thanks!

Amirah

chris
17-03-2003, 22:52
We loved the 50's primetime cafe at MGM. You pretend you belong to the family and all the waiters are either your brother or aunty. You have to behave yourself (but its better if you get into the swing of things and dont - eg my son refused to take off his sunglasses and baseball cap and they kept referring to him as the film star cousin who wanted to stay anonymous.) Elbows on the table are a no-no and you may all end up with silly nicknames.You are encouraged to be sociable with all the other people on the surrounding tables.
Very silly with good food.

florida4sun
17-03-2003, 23:18
I would disagree about Crystal Place. Scifi is good but not the best for a 7 year old girl. I would do Cindarellas in the Castle and Hollywood and Vine in MGM (this is a great charater meal buffet).

quote:Originally posted by Amirah

We are staying all day at Magic Kingdom and MGM all day (pray for our feet)to catch the fireworks show (if there will any in May).

According to "Birnabaums's Walt Disney World 2003" book I got at Barnes and Noble, Crystal Place(Magic Kingdom) and the Sci Fi Dine In (MGM) fall under the Best Dining Places at Disney World. Anybody else recommend these or have any restaurants that they love? Remember, our daughter is 7 years old. Thanks!

Amirah

bir5150
06-04-2004, 09:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Amirah

According to "Birnabaums's Walt Disney World 2003" book I got at Barnes and Noble, Crystal Place(Magic Kingdom) and the Sci Fi Dine In (MGM) fall under the Best Dining Places at Disney World. Anybody else recommend these or have any restaurants that they love? Remember, our daughter is 7 years old. Thanks!

Amirah
[/quote]

bir5150
06-04-2004, 09:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bir5150@yahoo.com
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Amirah

Amirah
[/quote]
[/quote]

Whoops, looks like I'm an idiot and erased my post...

What i meant to say is that Sci Fi Dine in was a bit overpriced...it was over 50 dollars for myself and my girlfriend. I cannot really offer any better solutions for MGM because the only other place we ate while in MGM was the Hollywood Brown Derby, which was great, in fact the best place on our whole trip...but would probably not be appreciated by a young one. I am not telling to not go to Sci FI..just be aware it can be expensive. Great atmosphere though. Make sure to have a priority seating.

As for MK, it was the most crowded of all the parks and we chose to eat at a hotel on the monorail for lunch and dinner and found this to be a relaxing break in the day. I would go insane being in MK all day.

-brett