PDA

View Full Version : Tuesdays Brain Teaser

Frosty
04-05-2005, 03:04
Think of words ending in 'gry'. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.'

Ray&Sarah
04-05-2005, 11:54
Very good, have heard that one before.[msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
04-05-2005, 17:15
ha ha ha i know it!!!!!!!!!!!!
(had to look it up tho[msnwink] i am sooooooo thick sometimes!)[laugh][laugh]

daxon
04-05-2005, 17:38
I think I've figured it out ???!!!

emm
04-05-2005, 22:06
I remember hearing this one before - but couldn't remember the answer. [msnembarrased]

I'm pretty sure I've got it worked out now - but is someone going to reveal the answer eventually??

mrsbabypowder
05-05-2005, 01:24
The answer is 'language'. The key sentences are the second and third. If you just read those two, the answer is obvious. The first sentence is a ruse to throw you off. 'Language' is the only answer that fits the hints that follow those two sentence. JUST TO BE CLEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![msncool]

LiesaAnna
05-05-2005, 03:01
bet you looked it up as well Mrs BP?? clever clogs![msnwink]

stabard
05-05-2005, 03:07
Sorry - being thick here. I don't get it [msncry]I know the answer but don't get why!!!

florida4sun
05-05-2005, 03:10
Question MARK - I am presuming thats it, although it still does not make sense really.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard
Sorry - being thick here. I don't get it [msncry]I know the answer but don't get why!!!
[/quote]

Ray&Sarah
05-05-2005, 12:25
In the original version the words - the English Langauge - had "" round them. It says on Google that it works better as an oral question as the "" give the answer away. SO Language is the third word in the phrase "The English Language". Does that make sense or am I confusing you more.[msnscared][msnsmile2]

emm
05-05-2005, 12:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
In the original version the words - the English Langauge - had "" round them. It says on Google that it works better as an oral question as the "" give the answer away. SO Language is the third word in the phrase "The English Language". Does that make sense or am I confusing you more.[msnscared][msnsmile2]
[/quote]

It is similar in a way to the old chestnut - "Mississippi is a very long word. Spell it." The answer of course is "I T"

Frosty
05-05-2005, 13:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
Question MARK - I am presuming thats it, although it still does not make sense really.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard
[/quote]
[/quote]

Err Martin,

I think your on the wrong Brain teaser[msnembarrased].

Yes the answer is language
Emm, it is abit like spell "it".

Ok explained in full, for those that are still unsure: -

Think of words ending in 'gry'.------ Ignore this its to confuse.
Angry and hungry are two of them.----- Ignore this.

There are only three words in "the English language".
---- With speech marks, the line is telling you there are 3 words in the statement "THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE"

What is the third word? ---- The third word is therefore LANGUAGE, get it?????
The word is something that everyone uses every day.
If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."

You have to leave out the speech marks otherwise it would be too easy and not then be a brain teaser!!

Curly Wurly
05-05-2005, 18:13
oh.......i get it now [msnembarrased]

was very confuzzled to start with though!!

stabard
05-05-2005, 18:21
Right - I get it now but MrsBabyPowder managed to confuse me further as her hint was about the second and third sentances. I guess she meant the third and fourth.

mrsbabypowder
06-05-2005, 00:07
i like to add to the confusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!