PDA

View Full Version : Child seats in Orlando

spanchal
16-03-2003, 16:02
Hi,
We are travelling to Orlando on 24th March and was wondering if the UK child seats can be used legally in USA. The hire cost for two seats is approx $150 us$ and would be usefull to save this by taking our own.

Thanks in advance

Sam Panchal

janny
16-03-2003, 16:21
It is better to take your own as at least you can ensure it's fixed proerly.Thereshould be no problem taking them through the check-in.

Lesley S
16-03-2003, 16:35
Yes, you can take you own car seats. As Janny said there is no problem taking them with you, they will have to go down below (with all your other baggage) and usually don't count as part of your luggage allowance.

steph_goodrum
16-03-2003, 17:07
I recommend to all my guests they take their own as you know they are appropriate for the size and weight and comfort of your own child and more importantly in my opinion you know they haven't been involved in an accident and are safe.

Ruth
16-03-2003, 20:51
I always take my own and have never had a problem:)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-03-2003, 21:01
Us too - we have found the car hire seats can be of dubious quality at times and don't seem very comfortable at times.

Carla
16-03-2003, 21:09
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Us too - we have found the car hire seats .. don't seem very comfortable at times.

That's 'cos you're supposed to sit the kids in them John!!:D:D:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-03-2003, 21:51
Very good Carla :D:D:D!

spanchal
16-03-2003, 23:38
Thnks every one for yo comments

Sam Panchal

SHEEP
17-03-2003, 01:31
JUST A THOUGHT FOR YOU,WHEN WE WENT IN FEB WE WERE ALL PREPARED TP HIRE CHILD SEATS UNTIL WE GOT TO THE DOLLAR DESK,THEY GAVE US A CAR(7 SEATER)THAT HAD SEATS FITTED IN AS STANDARD AND I MUST BE HONEST THEY WERE VERY GOOD FOR OUR 15 MONTH OLD TWINS ,I FELT VERY SAFE WITH THEM

floridalakeviewvillas
17-03-2003, 19:01
Hello Sam,
we went to Florida last October I took our own seat for all of the above reasons.
What I did find useful was,at the airport I placed the seat in a clear plastic bag with label tied at top. For security reasons the airport security could see what it was and there was no problems. I was also allowed to book it in and it was ok and undamaged at the other end.
Have a great time, I'm envious we don't go till October!!!.