PDA

View Full Version : UK Election - Who will you vote for

Snapper
02-05-2005, 23:53
I thought these two might be a bit of fun to see how different our views are from what actually happens on Thursday.

LiesaAnna
03-05-2005, 01:20
i voted other, i dont know who to vote for!!!

blott
03-05-2005, 02:31
I can't vote on the poll as we'll not be home in time, yipeeee we get to miss it all!

Magical Dreams
03-05-2005, 02:46
It makes very little difference!

Either way the public loses - Especially the workers on low wages!

Cruella DeVilla
03-05-2005, 02:48
That would be telling!

Ruth
03-05-2005, 03:35
As an employer with approx 40 employees I'm afraid I can't agree with this statement[msneek]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Magical Dreams
It makes very little difference!
[/quote]

03-05-2005, 10:02
With some of them the harder you work putting in long hours to earn more the more they hit you with taxes, yet if you don't bother they give you more in benefits, not fair in my view, I have two boys at Uni who will both start their working life with student debt yet TB got his degree for free!!

stabard
03-05-2005, 13:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
With some of them the harder you work putting in long hours to earn more the more they hit you with taxes, yet if you don't bother they give you more in benefits, not fair in my view, I have two boys at Uni who will both start their working life with student debt yet TB got his degree for free!!
[/quote]

Totally agree Lucy - somthimes wonder why we are bothereing to take care of ourselves when they are just thinking of new and interesting ways of stealing our hard earned cash from us.

Ray&Sarah
03-05-2005, 20:10
I'm with you on this one too Lucy & Jan.[msnmad][msnsmile]

daxon
03-05-2005, 22:10
My feelings exactly too! Quite surprised at the results so far tho!

domster
04-05-2005, 11:01
Won't be Labour!!!

Makes interesting reading though. would not have thought to see the Tories doing so well.

DOM

Ray&Sarah
04-05-2005, 12:22
My youngest son suggested I vote for the Monster Raving Looney Party this time, to which our eldest retorted "Aren't they already in".:D:D:D

John Rocke
04-05-2005, 12:26
when TB et al went to uni, they were in the 4% of the population that went. That figure is now approaching 50% and there is no way the public coffers could afford that expense, same with pensions, ageing population and not enough taxes to pay for them.

You shouldn't expect for a moment that uni fees will disappear or pensions will get better whosoever is elected.

jr.

luckylady
04-05-2005, 13:05
I voted other only because didn't say not voting
I am not voting this time
We are off to Florida on Saturday
Anyway who would I vote for. I have learnd over the years. none of them full fill their peomises
It's just a load of hype to get you to vote for them
I know I sound cynical but I am
I have seen no evidence to change this opinion
we are in a no win situation
If you work hard save some money for later years you are penalised with the amout of tax you pay
But at least you can hold your head up high and say I have my dignity had no handouts
On the otherhand you can do as little as possible let the State keep you
In your later years will be looked after without a care in the world
Sorry for sounding off
Barbara

Ruth
04-05-2005, 15:58
If tuition fees had been there when I went to Uni I would have not been able to afford to go and my life would be different beyond recognition. I have more than paid the money back that was spent on me in the taxes I have paid since graduation. If we want highly educated and qualified people, including doctors, dentists, and scientists, then tuition fees should be s[bad language filtered out]ped.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by John Rocke
when TB et al went to uni, they were in the 4% of the population that went. That figure is now approaching 50% and there is no way the public coffers could afford that expense, same with pensions, ageing population and not enough taxes to pay for them.
[/quote]

Curly Wurly
04-05-2005, 16:08
Interesting to see that 'conservatives' in the lead on the poll but I put other cos I'm not sure. [msnscared]

05-05-2005, 21:00
I hope you have all voted???????????[msnscared]

Sally D
05-05-2005, 23:25
Well I wasn't going to vote, not keen on any of them. My 13 year old gave me a lecture and said "what about all those women who died so you could have a vote", so guess where I'm off to now[msnsmile2]

DisneyDreamer
05-05-2005, 23:28
I couldn't imagine not voting, we have the power to change things if we are not happy with it by using our vote, some countries don't have that right....although it tends to be a case of choosing the best of a bad bunch!

emm
05-05-2005, 23:40
You should go and vote, even if it is to spoil your paper by putting a cross in all the boxes, or by putting a line through it and writing 'None of the above' at the foot of the paper. I was thinking of not voting for the same reasons as have already been expressed here, but I was given a stern talking-to by my daughter, who is studying Politics, and told that not voting just shows apathy, spoiling your ballot paper registers that you care what is going on in the country and are unhappy about the situation.

Thorogoods
06-05-2005, 00:18
I agree with your daughter emm, not voting shows apathy. There should be a box on every paper to register a "Protest Vote".

melvazquez
06-05-2005, 00:55
I definately wanted to vote this time, but even as I stood in the booth I was unsure as to who to vote for! Would have prefered to have put a cross in a box that said "None of the above-Protest vote"!

mel

E. Cosgrove
06-05-2005, 01:08
I was tempted to write across mine " you must be joking!"<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emm
You should go and vote, even if it is to spoil your paper by putting a cross in all the boxes, or by putting a line through it and writing 'None of the above' at the foot of the paper. I was thinking of not voting for the same reasons as have already been expressed here, but I was given a stern talking-to by my daughter, who is studying Politics, and told that not voting just shows apathy, spoiling your ballot paper registers that you care what is going on in the country and are unhappy about the situation.
[/quote]

julieanne
06-05-2005, 01:55
I've voted - I agree with others that you should use your vote.
However not one of the parties in our area has called or even put a leaflet thru the door. I had to do my own research and find out what my choices were, and I did feel - well if they can't be bothered with me, why should I bother with them?[msnmad]

But in the end I had to go and "do my bit" [msneek]

John Rocke
06-05-2005, 02:49
all ballot papers are counted, so if you do spoil your paper as a protest, that will be declared with all the others.

its a bit late now though.

jr

pieman790
06-05-2005, 09:48
All finished now and Tony Blair is Prime Minister once again. I have been watching the results on and off all night.

06-05-2005, 10:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
All finished now and Tony Blair is Prime Minister once again. I have been watching the results on and off all night.
[/quote]

Oh NO![msnscared]

DisneyDreamer
06-05-2005, 11:55
Wonderful, I can look forward to paying more and more of my wages to the Government :(

Snapper
06-05-2005, 14:45
In case you are interested in the poll, the numbers who the forum would vote for were:

Labour: 13 (27%)
Conservative: 24 (50%)
Lib Dem: 5 (10%)
Other: 6 (13%)

The results (no comment!!) were:

Labour: 353 (58%)
Conservative: 195 (32%)
Lib Dem: 60 (10%)
Other: 0 (0%)

So we more or less have Labour/Conservative the other way around. The ratios are reasonably close but reversed.

I guess that says something about the regulars on the forum vs. the rest of the population.

Jill
06-05-2005, 16:57
Have just been watching the lunchtime news analysis and they have just reported that since records started for counting the number of people who are eligible to vote against the number of people who actually voted for the winning party, Blair has won another record. This government has taken the title of having the fewest number of eligible people vote for Labour at 22.2% (24 seats still to be announced at time of notification). No wonder they are not shouting off the rooftops about this record.

Cruella DeVilla
06-05-2005, 19:55
I think it is quite funny George Galloway took Bethnal Green....from Labour. He was totally innocent in that incident last year............RESPECT![rasta]

Lyn
10-05-2005, 01:23
It was stated earlier in this thread that no government could be expected to pay for the increasing number of uni students or decent pensions for the retired. I have worked all my adult life with only a few months off on the births of my two children I have paid a considerable amount of money into my state pension and I truly believe I deserve to draw a decent amount of pension. I would after all still be entitled to basic pension even if I had never worked and made no payment & I would have been receiving state handouts for years, how can this be fair[msnsad]