PDA

View Full Version : Some wonderful news..and more ?'ss

mbb
02-05-2005, 21:09
So aside from my obsession about villa pools and spas...LOL, we've just found out that we're going to become owners to a therapy dog!!:D

Our twin boys have mild autism, and we've been hoping that a furry addition would be joining our family in the next year or so...

Fast forward to today.."Rufus" , a shih tzu is coming home next month!!

BUT!!
Our trainer will take Rufus for the 3 weeks that we're going to Florida next winter - if necessary. Rufus would be able to travel in cabin on the plane with us..but the quotes I've received from owners in our price range don't accept - understandably so - pets.

Do I do a re-broadcast? Any other suggestions?

We're so happy, and I know Rufus is going to be a wonderful, welcomed addition to our family!!

TIA for any help!

ctgirlscout
02-05-2005, 21:45
There are some villas that do accept pets. If you go to the main page of Orlando Villas and scroll down to the bottom, there is a link for Pet Friendly Homes. I would inquire with those villas.

heathercobbett
02-05-2005, 21:49
What wonderful news;I am sure a dog will be great for your twins.

The main problem with accepting animals in our houses is that incoming guests may have allergy problems

If you have a solution in that the trainer will take your dog,that sounds good to me.Then you are free to enjoy a wonderful holiday without the worry of leaving your much loved pet alone in a strange house

benfilo
03-05-2005, 02:35
like Teresa says some will accept dogs in a case such as yours I know we would, same as a guide dog realy. (I'm not touting, we're selling) put in a request stating your needs in the comments i'm sure you'll drop lucky

linsan
03-05-2005, 05:47
I agree with benfilo and teresa, although I wouldn't normally accept pets, there are some circumstances when I would consider it e.g. guide dogs. As my son has Aspergers Syndrome (mild autism), he's 21 now and considering getting his own dog, I would have an empathy with any potential renter with this problem.

daxon
03-05-2005, 15:39
Hi! What wonderful things animals can do for us can't they?! My sister trains guide dogs and it's incredible what they can do! There are villas prepared to take dogs (we do!) and if you put an enquiry into any or all of the three sites, ticking the pet friendly option, then Im sure someone will be able to help you.
Good luck with your new furry friend!
[clap][clap][clap]

domster
07-05-2005, 00:04
I like animals, but don't accept them in our villa. It is a personal thing and you will have to look around a lot to get a villa that doea accept them. But you have come to the best place to ask owners.

happy hunting and good luck..

Magical Dreams
18-05-2005, 03:48
We are the same, love animals, especially dogs.
But don't accept them in our home.

I'm sure your kids would be overjoyed with the fact that they are in Florida to even remember they have a dog!

[msnsmile2]
No matter, make sure you have a fantastic time

mbb
20-05-2005, 21:08
Thanks so much for your good wishes!

And we've been absolutley inundated with so many kind offers, bringing Rufus or not. We had the boys over to visit with him yesterday, and I think we're going to make a good "family fit". Lots of training exercises ahead of us, and lots of fun:)

I'm attempting to email everyone, as we continue to sort through everything...so many beautiful homes, and sooooooo many beautiful options! Someone even has bicycles available for use! An interesting note, though...I've learned that "king size" in the US and the UK are two very different things:
A USKing is what would be a UKSuper King
A UK King is a US Queen.

We've also learned that we'd like to have our own villa!! LOL!!

Our airfare rates just haven't budged yet - we had them booked this time last year. Out TA is reassuring us that better rates are coming...let's hope:)

Thanks again for all your help..

Mary Beth