PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on Phone Cards

DaveL
01-05-2005, 06:50
If you do not have a free phone service in your Villa and you need to buy phone cards for reasonable priced calls there is a new way to do it.

A new company is installing computer terminals in many tourist outlets and gas stations which will let you buy these phone cards. What they are doing thats new is to ask you where you want to phone and then show you all the cards with the rates that they offer. The cards for the UK showed that you could get a 1000 mins for $10 but pick the wrong card and it might be less than 300.

The system lets you select a card and pay for it and then it is printed out for you with your own pin code.

As you only need the freephone number and the PIN you can now buy this over the Internet as well once you have register with them.

If you want to check it out and see the prices and system or even buy a card then please DM me for the link. [website link edited]

Dave

Robert5988
01-05-2005, 12:57
I use, and have tried, a variety of phonecards.

The quality of the line to UK on some cards is really very poor, and it varies according to the time of day.

Every card charges for use from a payphone(normally 89c) and many have a weekly maintenance fee(normally 69c)

DaveL
18-05-2005, 07:43
I'm in Florida at the moment and hav had a true 1000 minutes for $10 but not from a pay phone as these always have high charges.

Dave

chrizzy100
18-05-2005, 08:27
I use a phone card and find the quality of the line to the UK and Oz fine.......the card seems to last forever....it was not really worth me keeping my phone on anything but the $7 a month charge because the house is empty a lot of the time......so a phone card has been very handy for me....for calls I can't make on my cell phone.....

florida
18-05-2005, 20:05
Which phonecard did you use to get you 1000 mins for $10?

DaveL
19-05-2005, 10:00
It's the 24/7 card, but if you go to the web site in the first post it will show you the current offers. You can use the web site just like you use the terminal in the shop.

Dave

lynne
11-06-2005, 21:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DaveL
It's the 24/7 card, but if you go to the web site in the first post it will show you the current offers. You can use the web site just like you use the terminal in the shop.

Regards Dave
[/quote]

What shops can you get these in? If you buy them online, it looks as if you have to give a US address
Lynne

cjboatman
12-06-2005, 02:25
We got one of these cards from 7/11, i think it was their own variety, you pick it and they print it off for you. But at the time we were using it in payphones, which all carry their own charges.

We found it very expensive, and in some cases, it was almost impossible to find a call box that allows international calls.

We resorted to using quarters, and found this to be very cost effective, only costing a dollar to a dollar fifty for well over five minutes international.

I am sure this would be different if you were using the phone in the house, but we haven't done that yet.