PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Pointe

netmum
15-03-2003, 12:56
Hi there,

We have had a few villas, especially in Chatham Park. This year we have got a 4 bed-2 bath in Eagle Pointe. We never got this far on our tours of Kissimmee. Any opinions?

Thanks

Rebecca

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-03-2003, 13:26
Hi Rebecca,

If you have stayed in Chatham Park then Eagle Point is just down the road. I would say it is a great location.

It is ideally located for getting to the 192 and the Parks. If you want to do something a bit different keep going down Poinciana Boulevard for about 10 miles and go on a Boggy Creek Airboat Ride. Closer to home is Green Meadows Petting Farm. Fab if you have small children. Check out the postings re other attaractions on this site.

Sarah

bellaepovera
15-03-2003, 22:44
Yes, Eagle point is just up the street from Chatham off of Poncianna. I like that location also as very near shopping and resturaunts.

netmum
16-03-2003, 14:07
Thank you both. Sounds good. I have heard that the villas are newer than Chatham Park - most of the villas seem to have a very good standard so I am happy with the essentials (and a heated pool of course!!!). We will have to wait and see.

Rebecca

michellemaxted
05-04-2003, 03:11
Hi Rebecca

I am slightly biased in that my villa is in Eagle Pointe. It is a great location, our villa was built in 1999. It is a 12 minute drive to the gates of Disney's Magic Kingdom and Walmart is a 5 minute drive away. Also the Highway 192 is very near.

It is a very safe and quiet community and all my guests that have stayed there say how nice and quiet it is yet not far from the theme parks.

Have a great stay!

Mr G
21-02-2004, 18:41
We have just closed on Eagle Pointe, great community, great location. Are there any other EAGLE POINTERS out there. we would love to meet up, or exchange ideas. We are out there in August.

zerotone
21-02-2004, 19:18
Hi

We have also recently bought on Eagle Pointe. Great location, especially liked the fact that you are only 15 mins from Disney but on the way to the villa you pass through quiet countryside with horses and cows grazing in fields. Chose our villa for its views across lake.
We are coming over beginning of April for first time. If anyone else on Eagle Pointe is around then would be great to meet up.

Jane

scamhammer
22-02-2004, 22:00
It would appear that Kissimmee City has just given permission for Eagle Pointe to be increased in size by fifty per cent. There will be building in the area for some time to come.

zerotone
23-02-2004, 00:08
Bang go those green fields then[msnsad]. Any idea where the extra 50% is planned for?

Jane

Mr G
23-02-2004, 16:55
Just spoken to my contact in Eagle Pointe Public information office re planning/building.He has no knowledge of any planned building or extension to Eagle pointe.
Can Scamhammer expand on the source of their information?.

chrizzy100
23-02-2004, 18:20
quote:Originally posted by zerotone

Bang go those green fields then[msnsad]. Any idea where the extra 50% is planned for?

Jane

I don't think I'd add views of orange groves etc..or backing onto fields or trees....unless I knew for sure they were staying......I watched 3 orange groves behind villa's being knocked down in the few weeks I was there....when we were looking for a home I remember coming out of one place and saying about the nice view.....then hubby pointed out the forsale sign on the land....[msncry][msncry]

scamhammer
23-02-2004, 20:50
The Eagle Pointe Public information office does not seem to be too well informed.

The information was on the Kissimmee City agenda for the 3rd of Feb with officials recommending approval.

The link is:-
http://www.kissimmee.org/agendas/2004/02-03-04.pdf

There are no minutes posted yet, but these decisions normally seem to be nodded through if officials recommend them.

State law states that only immediate neighbours have to be informed of new developments. Notices are posted on web sites, but only the sad would bother to read the unreadable agendas and minutes.

It is amazing how these massive changes get through with so little public consultation.

If sales people sell you "conservation views" don't believe them.

blott
23-02-2004, 21:34
Exactly the same thing happened with Lake Berkley I think?

I read on past the Eagle Pointe piece to find that Home Depot has a lien on its property for unpaid fines and proceedings were in hand to foreclose - they can't do this to us, Home Depot is our life! [msncry]

flexy
04-03-2004, 13:14
Hi, just noticed this thread.
As we are due to rent at Eagle Pointe this Aug i am starting to get visions of tipper trucks as we 'relax' in the pool.Any further info on developments would be most appreciated.

Thanx
Flexy

ujpest doza
06-04-2004, 21:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by netmum
Thank you both. Sounds good. I have heard that the villas are newer than Chatham Park - most of the villas seem to have a very good standard so I am happy with the essentials (and a heated pool of course!!!). We will have to wait and see.

Rebecca

[/quote]

We stayed in Eagle Pointe in 2000 when the estate was brand new and quite a lot of homes were still to be built.

Massive 2 storey villa with a corner location.Very nice indeed.
We had been meant to stay in a similar sized property in Chatham Park, but when my sister who flew out a day before us picked up the keys and went to the allocated villa in Chatham it was a smaller property than we had booked so the management company gave us the (even) bigger one in Eagle Pointe. Only another 5 minutes or so from the 192 than Chatham Park.

cherry
28-04-2004, 05:38
My home is on Eagle Pointe and it is in a very quiet area although all rhe homes are open plan front and rear it seems to work ok .I do no know of any developments going on there at the moment but will look into it next visit.Most of the homes in my road are Brit owned ,my direct neighbours are from UK one side and from Boston USA the other .We get on well with all of them .When I had furniture delivered in Jan it was a heavy load and the help I got was tremendous from people I never met before .Eagle Pointe is a nice place to own a home .

PoohFan
28-04-2004, 13:15
Have just returned back after putting a deposit on a resale in Eagle Pointe. The only building work I noticed was next door at Liberty Village - KB Homes are building there. The entrance to Liberty Village is off Poinciana Blvd, just down from Eagle Pointe. Is this the building work you are referring to?

Pam

Mr G
28-04-2004, 13:19
There is some new building East of Eagle Pointe, but it doesn't look like it will be causing the Eagle Pointe homes any problems. Oh by the way thanks Huckleberry house!! ;)

stabard
13-06-2004, 21:36
We closed on our Eagle Pointe home 30th December and I think the area is great. Close enough to the action but lots of peace and quiet to come home to. our guests all seem to love it too.I will be back last week in July/first week August and would love to meet any other Eagle Pointers whilst there.

Jan G

Mr G
13-06-2004, 21:51
Sorry Jan, we will just miss you we are out there on the 9th August, catch you next time.

stabard
14-06-2004, 20:08
Sorry to hear that Graham, ,as you say maybe next time.

Jan