PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone brought sandwiches into M.K.?

skoeper
29-04-2005, 23:14
If we packed a picnic lunch of sandwiches in our diaper bags......would they get confiscated? And if not, where could we sit to eat them?

Whew, prices for burgers or even hot dogs are HIGH and with our large family, we'd save a bundle if we bring a sandwich each instead.

Anyone tried this?

steph_goodrum
30-04-2005, 00:00
Shari
We haven't tried it ourselves, but I think some people have taken cool boxes in (there are lockers at most of the parks inside the entrances). I know there were some restrictions after 9/11 but not sure how strict they are.

The other option is to just have a cool box and leave it in the car and nip back to the car and collect it and have a picnic somewhere else. I'm just thinking outloud but you could maybe get the resort monorail or transport to the beach at the Polynesian or one of the other resorts and have a bit of a break from walking round.

millie
30-04-2005, 00:18
We have taken in some sandwiches and lots of bottles of water and they were fine - even with bag searches.

dawn burley
30-04-2005, 00:25
When we go to a park we always eat a hot meal there at lunchtime and take sandwiches etc (that we make ourselves at the villa) for later. This all goes in a soft cool box (either a back pack one or one you can sling over the pushchair)with our own drinks and we have never been told we can not do this even after the bags have been searched. We find this saves us alot of money especially on drinks and the children can snack later in the day when they feel hungry without having to wait in line for half an hour. It works really really well.

Dawn

emm
30-04-2005, 00:33
We took in biscuits, fruit and drinks without a problem.

KJH
30-04-2005, 01:52
AS I am the delegated bag lady at the parks, I bought a cooler bag with wheels from Costco. Never had any problem taking them in.

We have rolls etc. during the day and eat out at night, otherwise the food gets overpowering.

Kaz

Thorogoods
30-04-2005, 03:17
We have taken in bottle water even frozen we freeze the water the night before and on those long hot days you always have iced cold water. Also we have taken in Fruit and Crisps for the vultures (sorry children) and that's been fine too.:D

LiesaAnna
30-04-2005, 03:21
thats a good idea, have to agree there are only so many "different " meals i can or want to eat out! will think about a cooler box and filled rolls and drinks, as it can be an expensive holiday keep buying meals at the parks and then again at the resteraunts in the evenings

flyrr100
30-04-2005, 07:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by skoeper
If we packed a picnic lunch of sandwiches in our diaper bags......would they get confiscated? And if not, where could we sit to eat them?
Anyone tried this?
[/quote]

All the time. We have annual passes and always bring our lunch. The security folks usually joke about us sharing with them!
There's plenty of places to sit and eat.
We found a quiet place around the back of the Country Bears Show. Also there are benches by the river where the big steamboat launches from.

[msnwink]

stabard
30-04-2005, 12:18
We asked a member of staff htere at Xmas and they said it was fine to bring in your own food and drink so long as there was no alcohole or glass bottles.

CarolAnn
30-04-2005, 19:34
A number of our guests have packed a cooler bag with drinks and food in to take to the parks, and had no problems at all. If you have a large or fussy eating family it is an excellent idea. It can also be useful if you are watching your budget. Just remember the No Alcohol.:)

skoeper
30-04-2005, 22:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
thats a good idea, have to agree there are only so many "different " meals i can or want to eat out! will think about a cooler box and filled rolls and drinks, as it can be an expensive holiday keep buying meals at the parks and then again at the resteraunts in the evenings
[/quote]

At the risk of appearing dumb (or American).....what are filled rolls???

blott
30-04-2005, 22:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by skoeper
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
[/quote]

At the risk of appearing dumb (or American).....what are filled rolls???
[/quote]Similar to subs but about half the size...

nicklangdon
01-05-2005, 01:41
We chose to have just a snack and ate elsewhere to save on costs!To be honest i wouldn't fancy dragging a bag of food round with me! [msnwink]

KJH
01-05-2005, 02:36
Thats why I bought the cooler bag on wheels from Costco. Freeze the drinks the night before and they keep everything cool all day. The handle folds down so the bag can be carried on the rides without any problems.

Kaz

Jo
03-05-2005, 01:39
Great too if you have someone with special dietary requirements.

Then you don't find yourself the wrong side of the park at lunchtime, miles from the only restauarant which sells what you can eat.

I make our rolls up and freeze them already filled , all bagged up in the right quantities. Then in the morning I just grab a bag from the freezer and go!

Only forgetten them once or twice[msnembarrased]

philgrove
14-07-2005, 15:15
We were there in May and we took our own drinks in all the parks Disney and non Disney. i had a small cool bag that just went on the stroller also we took fruit and other snacks . These were very helpful because the kids sometimes ask for a drink or snack when you are no where near anywhere to buy anything. I do the same here at home to even if we are just going to town.
Next time i think i will take a cool bag thats a little bit bigger. some people had HUGE cool bags and boxes.

becbecs
14-07-2005, 15:30
If going to the park for the hole day we generally have a large breakfast before we set off and take fruit and a couple of sandwiches for lunch. Never had any problems. If we set off a bit later just take Fruit to nibble on. Sometimes have lunch at the parks but like you say its generally expensive.

jen
17-09-2005, 13:19
Have to say we always take a cool bag with sandwiches and drinks etc, also freeze the drinks instead of using cool blocks so the bag does eventually get lighter...
Never had any problems taking them in with us, it's not that we want to save money but simply find it better for us to eat lightly in the day and then enjoy a proper evening meal and for there to be something on hand for our daughter's that's healthy for them.

Jen