PDA

View Full Version : Damons Restaurant - The Place for Ribs

K4LGB
14-03-2003, 19:17
Surprised nobody has mentioned Damons Restaurant - 'The Place for Ribs' which is on I-Drive beside the Mercado Shopping area.
This is quite a good area to go if you are undecided about what to eat as it is close to The Butchers Shop (expensive Steakhouse), The China Garden (Chinese Buffet) and A Japanese Restaurant across I-Drive as well as all theme sports/rock'n'roll cafes.

Damon's is great for mixed platter like ribs & chicken breast, ribs and steak, ribs and king prawns. All served with Rice, Skinny Fries or Baked Potatoes. My fiancee loves it for the Chicken Tenders! I found it very similar to 'Applebys' which is popular in the New York area.

I think Damons and The Olive Garden are our favourite reasonably priced eateries on I-Drive.

Definitely worth a visit!

athurstance
14-03-2003, 19:37
So cherryboy we do agree on something. I really hate Ponderosa - it is totally rubbish.

Angela

Lesley S
14-03-2003, 22:07
There is also a Damons on the 192 near the big wheel and the big swing (or whatever it is called), by Old Town. We have been in here a couple of times and the ribs are something else. Ponderosa is good for breakfasts. There is also an Olive Garden on the 192 as well. The Olive Garden on I4 has recently moved, it used to be in between wet and wild and the corner of Sand Lake Road, it is now on the opposite site to the Mecardo Village.

K4LGB
05-05-2003, 20:24
UPDATE 5th May 2003

After spending a day at Winter Park in Orlando we decided that a visit to Damons - The Place for Ribs on IDrive was in order. Unfortunately the site is "available for rent" so don't bother going to the one on I-Drive as per my original post - looks like they went bust!
However as SunnysideFlorida mentioned there is a "Damons - The Place to Eat" on the 192 (south side) - across from Olive Garden beside the Fly and Elastic Ping rides.
We had noticed it when we ate at the Olive Garden on the 192 the previoius night so our quest for ribs was fufilled AND they still do the combo platters which is a massive portion of food - I was starving and still only just managed to finish mine off.
The one on the 192 also has 5 large TV screens with audio available at each table so we watched one of the NBA playoff games while we ate - tremendous for ESPN/CNN fans!

Cheers
Les

bridget
21-06-2004, 00:38
Angela, I agree. Pondersosa is a dirty hellhole.

Never again.
[xx(]

Ray&Sarah
21-06-2004, 01:44
The first time we went to FLorida, we thought the Ponderosa was good value, that was ten years ago. SO I don't know whether it is because we are older, or whether it has gone down hill, but we will not eat in the Ponderosa, as it is dirty.

Les see you like 'Applebees', have to admit have eat in these in the North Carolina area, but only found one in the Orlando area, and that was on the US27 on our way back from Silver Springs. If anyone knows where we could find an Applebees closer to Orlando please let us know.:)

ujpest doza
29-06-2004, 16:47
I enjoyed my meal at Ponderosa, but thought that the Entree portions were a bit mean and did not look anything like as big as they did on the photographs.

Oh and we got bit to bits by mosquitos in the car park behind ponderosa and pacinos as well, with lots of trees and water there it was obviously a mosquito heaven. We never got bit anywhere else or at any other time except that night.

I didn't think the Damons on the 192 was as good as the one on I-Drive.

Cruella DeVilla
29-06-2004, 18:32
Ponderosa gave me food poisoning on the first day of my holiday first time we visited years back!
Horrible....... clatty as we say in Scotland.[}:)]

julieanne
29-06-2004, 20:50
For me the best place for ribs is Tony Roma's - DELICIOUS!![msntongue]

Sharon G
29-06-2004, 23:26
Ponderosa reminded me of our old school canteen!!!¬!!...[msnscared][msnscared][msnscared]..........and the food tasted the same[msnsad]

Sharon