PDA

View Full Version : Visa at customs

Gamedude
29-04-2005, 01:32
Now I've got the visa, I was wondering what happens at customs in florida. Do they stamp the visa if they let you in? Also do you stand in the same queue as everyone else who is with you who is using a visa waiver.

If you've been to florida with a visa please let me know.

Thanks for any info.

Robert5988
29-04-2005, 01:37
Customs and Immigration, Same queue, same treatment, Visa Waiver or Visa.

wilfy
29-04-2005, 02:17
You'll also need to fill in the white form for immigration and not the green visa waiver form,which you can pickup at checkin,on the plane or in the immigration area on arrival.

wiljohn
30-04-2005, 01:19
If my last trip to vegas via detroit is anything to go by, expect to be questioned,as why to you have a visa, I explained, due to arrest many years ago and from info on the website, I felt it wise to get a visa, "so why did you get a visa".
Then it was of for further questions, anyway all went well visa stamped for 30 days,I wait to see what the next trip will involve when I arrive at customs.
It wont be to long I hope.

tezz7628
30-04-2005, 01:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wiljohn
If my last trip to vegas via detroit is anything to go by, expect to be questioned,as why to you have a visa, I explained, due to arrest many years ago and from info on the website, I felt it wise to get a visa, "so why did you get a visa".
Then it was of for further questions, anyway all went well <span style="color:red">visa stamped for 30 days,</span id="red">I wait to see what the next trip will involve when I arrive at customs.
[/quote]

i always thought one difference was you got a stamp for 6 months with a visa, as my aunt did :)

wiljohn
30-04-2005, 11:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wiljohn
Then it was of for further questions, anyway all went well <span style="color:red">visa stamped for 30 days,</span id="red">I wait to see what the next trip will involve when I arrive at customs.
[/quote]

i always thought one difference was you got a stamp for 6 months with a visa, as my aunt did :)
[/quote]

Tezz,
30 days is the time immigration decided would be sufficent for my stay, there isn't a set amount of time that you receive at port of entry,it's down to the immigration officer at the time,six month is the MAXIMUM time allowed on a B2, but this doesn't guarantee entry,you could still be denied entry if immigration decided you weren't allowed in for whatever reason.
Nothing can be taken for granted.
john.

wilfy
30-04-2005, 23:07
I've used my b1/b2 for nearly 9 yeasr, and never once been questioned as to why i have a visa.

wiljohn
01-05-2005, 00:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
I've used my b1/b2 for nearly 9 yeasr, and never once been questioned as to why i have a visa.

[/quote]

Out of interest when you arrive at immigration with your passport open,what does the officer say to you?

wilfy
01-05-2005, 01:12
Welcome :)

I normally just hand my passport with form to the officer. They ask the normal questions, why are you coming here (mostly vacation but sometimes business) etc. Last time they only gave me a 30 day stay, whereas previous times i've had the full 6 months stamped.