PDA

View Full Version : visa

marv
29-04-2005, 00:14
Well were back from the interview without a visa. We gotthere 9.45 and didn't leave untill 3pm. It was an awfull day i had to keep going to the car to move it to another area and add more money wich in the end cost me £24 for parking. We finaly got called for the interview and it seemed that this lady was abit arrogant towards us, afar cry from all the good comments about how you are treated there.
It seemed that she wasn't too happy about us going on the visa waiver last year,eventhough we explained that we thought convictions were spent after a certain period of time. We also told her that we wern't really aware of the visa issue last year. She said she would grant a visa waiver but it would be 8-12 weeks before we would Know as it had to go elsewhare to be decided.
Were really dissapointed as it seems we got a hard deal here,as so many people did the same as us without realising their mistake. I feeel she was trying to teach us a lesson. Ime not sure its always best to tell the truth now.
Well all we can do is wait to se what happens and hope for the best.

Gamedude
29-04-2005, 01:41
I am so sorry to hear what a stressful day you had at the embassy. You must be feeling worried now but you did everything you could. I know that at times I was wondering if telling the truth was the right thing but you are doing it the way america wants it.

I'm surprised that they were so rough on you over using the visa waiver, I didn't get a telling off for it although they did mention that I had been before.

It's going to be a tough time for you while waiting for the decision. Let's hope for the best and at least they didn't say a visa couldn't be granted.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed so good luck.

Robert5988
29-04-2005, 01:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: Well were back from the interview without a visa. We gotthere 9.45 and didn't leave untill 3pm. It was an awfull day i had to keep going to the car to move it to another area and add more money wich in the end cost me £24 for parking. We finaly got called for the interview and it seemed that this lady was abit arrogant towards us, afar cry from all the good comments about how you are treated there.
It seemed that she wasn't too happy about us going on the visa waiver last year,eventhough we explained that we thought convictions were spent after a certain period of time. We also told her that we wern't really aware of the visa issue last year. She said she would grant a visa waiver but it would be 8-12 weeks before we would Know as it had to go elsewhare to be decided.
Were really dissapointed as it seems we got a hard deal here,as so many people did the same as us without realising their mistake. I feeel she was trying to teach us a lesson. Ime not sure its always best to tell the truth now.
Well all we can do is wait to se what happens and hope for the best.[/quote]

Sorry you had a rough day.

What do you mean by "grant a visa waiver"?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:It seemed that she wasn't too happy about us going on the visa waiver last year[/quote]

Just to clarify; did she specifically say that your entry last year was the reason for the non-issue of a Visa? Or could there have been other reasons? As you say many others have 'confessed' to that offence and it didn't seem to be an issue.

Hope the outcome turns out OK

Curly Wurly
29-04-2005, 13:05
Oh marv,

I'm so sorry to hear about the day you had [msnsad]

We also entered USa under the visa waiver in 2003 not knowing that we were, in fact, breaking the law. My husbands interviewer never even mention it so its awful you had such a hard time.

I do hope that you get your visa granted soon, lets all keep our fingers crossed for you

marv
29-04-2005, 13:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
Sorry you had a rough day.

What do you mean by "grant a visa waiver"?

It seemed that she wasn't too happy about us going on the visa waiver last year

Just to clarify; did she specifically say that your entry last year was the reason for the non-issue of a Visa? Or could there have been other reasons? As you say many others have 'confessed' to that offence and it didn't seem to be an issue.

Hope the outcome turns out OK
[/quote]

I dont really understand what she ment, i know she said " this time ime happy to grant you a visa waiver" then went on to tell us that it would hve to be looked at by other people. The last conviction was 8 yrs ago she asked about that but semed satisfied with the answers we gave her. I cant fathem it out we have done no worse than any one else.
We are prepared for bad news and have decided if we cant go to florida then we will put are deposit somewhere else. This will be a great shame but Americas loss.

Curly Wurly
29-04-2005, 13:24
I think your visa has been granted from the last post marv - it certainly doesnt sound like it hasn't !!!

Florida sunshine hear you come [8D]

marv
29-04-2005, 13:39
Thanks curly wurly i do hope so, mainly for my children. I was so looking forward to actually planning the trip but i now have to wait again. Thanks again marv

marv
29-04-2005, 15:05
The Embassy have changed there web page found this
Important Notice: Visa applications are subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past which means that in some instances visa applications are taking longer to process to conclusion than has been customary. You will be advised at the time of the interview if your application requires additional processing.

Processing Times
Routine visa applications take approximately 5 workdays to process after the visa interview. Applicants who tick yes to box 38 should be aware that it is difficult to predict how long the application will take to process, but can expect to wait a minimum of 14 to 16 weeks before being advised of the outcome of their application. Applicants who are advised at the time of the visa interview that their application will require additional administrative processing should allow at least 60 days for this stage of the application to be completed. Please note that the processing times quoted are approximate and cannot be guaranteed.

blott
29-04-2005, 20:57
Someone else on here had their visa application 'sent away' but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be turned down, just that perhaps the person who interviewed you not being qualified enough to make a decision except in very clear cut cases.

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you that everything will be OK and you get your visa.

Snapper
29-04-2005, 23:29
Keep your chin up Marv. Don't forget that the visa system is there to try to enable you to travel, not to try to stop you. If there are no reasons why the embassy should refuse you a visa then whatever checks the embassy do will just back this up.