PDA

View Full Version : Cameras: How many rolls of film? How much tape?

Amirah
12-03-2003, 22:10
I will be in Orlando for 7 whole days...how much film do you think I will need? I think I'm going to go one time use cameras this year. I figure one can get 27 exposures so I will need about 20 one time use cameras. What do you guys think???? Videos camcorders...can you take them into WDW?

blott
12-03-2003, 22:26
Most people take loads of photos in Florida but I think 20 x 27 (540 pics) might just be too many and think of the processing costs! You can purchase film and disposable cameras in Florida so if you do run out, it's easy to get some more.

Camcorders are, of course, allowed in WDW although you cannot use them in the lines to the rides or on the rides themselves. As you're likely to get wet on some of the rides, you'll need either a totally waterproof cover or some kind member of your party who'll look after your camcorder for you whilst you're on a ride.

steph_goodrum
12-03-2003, 23:19
Our first trip we used 9 rolls (36 print) but it has gone down to a more manageable level now, I usually get some developed whilst we're there to save on some of the bill when we get home.
If you're taking a camcorder take a spare battery and your charger to the main street camer store in Magic Kingdom and they'll charge it for you during the day, useful if you are going to watch the fireworks.
I dont' quite see why you want to buy 20 single use cameras at approx £7 a time why not just buy a cheap 35mm or APS camera, you can pick them up so cheaply (just looked in the Argos catalogue and the cheapest 35mm camera with flash is only £12.99) If it gets lost you haven't lost that much and you can always buy the disposables as a last resort.
As Fiona say though it is always worth taking a waterproof disposable if you are going to the water parks or on the rides.

pbensur
13-03-2003, 01:40
Just make sure you are doing and seeing and not missing out because you were focusing and snapping!! Have a great time!!